- Jason Vargas allowed one run on four hits in 2.0 innings.
- Tobi Stoner allowed three runs on three hits and a walk in 1.2 innings.
- Daniel Murphy was still nowhere to be found.
In the Dominican Republic:
- Fernando Tatis went 0-for-3 with a walk.
In Puerto Rico:
- Nick Evans went 0-for-5 with two strikeouts.
- Eddie Camacho struck out one in a perfect inning of relief.
- Jesus Feliciano went 2-for-4 with a double, a walk and two runs scored.
At MetsGeek, Mike Newman wonders if Mets prospects are especially overhyped, and, if so, how they come to be overhyped.
At RotoGraphs, Brian Joura talks about David Wright and how high he should go in your typical fantasy draft. The bottom line: If you pick third overall, Wright shouldn't be around by the time you make your first-round selection.
At FanGraphs, Eric Seidman talks about Pedro Martinez and his future in the big leagues. His Marcel projection isn't too hot, though the Bill James projection is very optimistic.
Buried in his most recent chat, Rob Neyer mentions that his ESPN.com blog will be coming out from behind the Insider pay wall. His latest entry should be available to all. The URL still points to Insider, but I was able to read it without being logged into my friend's Insider account, so, yay!
Phillies blog The700Level wades through some of professional sports' biggest locales to find the biggest city rival to Philadelphia. It doesn't take them long to call off the search.