A recap of the busy Winter Meetings week:
The Time I Went To The Winter Meetings - Sam starts the week off with some storytelling. Cameos by Omar Minaya, Steve Phillips and Mileycyrustopia.
AAOP: Third Place - Congrats to Schmidtxc for winning 3rd place in the AAOP contest. There were many great plans and it was tough choosing the best.
- Why Is It Called The Hot Stove? - For anyone else who didn't know.
- Looking Back: Todd Zeile - Alex continues his series about formet Mets on this year's Hall of Fame ballot. Zeile's best years were behind him by the time he joined the Mets, and I secretly hated him for replacing John Olerud, but he had a nice career.
- Mets Pursuing Josh Willingham And Juan Rivera? - One of the many rumor discussions that took place this week.
- My Dreams Come True: Mets Pursuing 2B Adam Kennedy - Sam and many others were pleased to hear this rumor. If Castillo can be dealt, Kennedy is a solid replacement.
- Adam Everett Re-Signs With Tigers - The defensive ace re-upped for one year, $1.5 million.
- Hanshin Tigers Get Matt Murton? - This is a player good enough to start on several MLB teams. Good luck, Matt.
- Randy Wolf Signs With Brewers - Three years, $30 million it might be a bit much, but Wolf is an above average pitcher who should help that awful Brewers staff.
- Things I Would Do If It Meant Not Signing Bengie Molina To A Dumb Contract - Just get it overwith and sign him so we can move on.
- AAOP: Second Place - Nice work by MangoMetsFan.
- Mets Sign Mike Hessman - A rarity for the Mets, signing a three true outcomes type.
- AAOP: First Place - Congrats to Evan_S for his AAOP winning entry.
- Cross Rich Harden Off The Wish List - The oft-injured but oft-dominant starter was snagged by the Rangers.
- Brandon Lyon Nears Deal With Astros, Bullpen Options Dwindling - Ed Wade strikes again, with the worst contract of the young offseason.
- Mets Restructure Henry Blanco's Contract - A look at Blanco's labyrinth contract incentives.
- Mets Extend Offers To Bengie Molina And Jason Bay - We might have a Beau Brummell in each corner OF spot.
- On Hearing Of Contract Offer To Bengie Molina - Bengie is a muse to all, the Poet Laureate included.
- Scott Boras For GM - A lot of people hate on this guy but he's just doing his job. A job he's great at.
- A Potentially Bizarre Lineup - Walks at the top of the order, hacks at the bottom.
- Who Said It? - Steve Phillips, maybe smarter than we think.
- Midnight Poll: Jason Bay vs. Mike Cameron - Taking the pulse of AA readers.
- So Long, Putz - Arrivederci, JJ.
- Outfielder Valuation And Mike Cameron - Mark provides a nice analysis of positional adjustments and defense, and how they relate to Cameron.
- Mets Rumor Mill: Possible Acquisition Tracker - A one stop shop for all Mets-related rumblings.
- Why? Mets Sign Elmer Dessens To Minor League Deal - Omar: Why? Uhh, why not!