After Monday night's suckfest, that the Mets somehow made it out of this game with a win really puts a shine on what could've been a very regrettable first two games of the Braves series. Really, there were so many weird/head-scratching/horrifying plays in this game that the Mets should really consider themselves lucky that Wednesday's game will be a rubber match.
Here's a quick recap of the madness.
- Garret Anderson bloop in between Reyes and Beltran with one out and Chipper on first in the fourth
- Anderson's trap on Murphy's fliner that resulted in a fielder's choice putout of Alex Cora at second
- Casey Kotchman's fliner that Beltran trapped two batters later
- Wright thrown out at home on a would-be sacrifice fly by Tatis to end the seventh
- Jose Reyes thrown out stretching a double into a triple in the eighth (Bob Ojeda "likes the aggression")
- Carlos Beltran almost (actually maybe) caught stealing in the ninth.
- Fernando Tatis caught stealing second in the ninth
- Beltran almost striking out looking in the tenth
On top of all of this, the Mets featured one of their weakest lineups of the season, making the come-from-behind victory even more surprising.
Wednesday's game is a matinée, so get here early before all of the good seats are taken.
Big winners: Carlos Beltran, +67.7% WPA, Francisco Rodriguez, +18.4% WPA
Big losers: David Wright, -17.9% WPA, Fernando Tatis, -17.2% WPA
Teh aw3s0mest play: Beltran walkoff walk, +33.9% WPA
Teh sux0rest play: Kotchman RBI single in fourth, -12.2% WPA
Total pitcher WPA: +23.6% WPA
Total batter WPA: +26.4% WPA
GWRBI!: Carlos Beltran
Nice job by DevonEdwards; his effort in the game thread embiggens us all.
|Num||Name||# of Posts|