The Ryan Church-Jeff Francoeur trade is incredibly foolish, and no amount of "upside", "great throwing arm", and "he plays 162 games" can change that. Our multiple trade threads are saturated with confusion and justifiable anger directed at the front office. On the other side of the Mason-Dixon Line, our friends at Talking Chop have trade threads generally filled with relief and utter jubilation. Here are some of my favorite comments from their threads, which demonstrate just how thrilled fans are to be rid of Failcoeur:
- The have traded the once-Golden-Boy, Jeff Francoeur, to the division rival for outfielder Ryan Church. I am beside myself.
- Happy, Happy, Joy, Joy. No more FYF [F*** You Francoeur]. Praise the Lord.
- FREE AT LAST! FREE AT LAST! THANK F***ING GOD, WE ARE FREE AT LAST
- Heck I would have taken a bag of used bats. Addition by subtraction is an upgrade!
- note to pitchers: 3 curveballs away….
- I’m so happy I can barely speak.
- I’m dreaming…i’m dreaming…someone wake me up. pinch me…
- Someone tell the Mets no-givsies-backsies.
- PICTURE JEFF TRYING TO HIT A HOMER AT CITI FIELD LOLOLOLOL
- This opens up a new market for the Failcoeur T-shirts.
- How bad is a guy when your biggest upside is that you don’t get hurt a lot. Quotes and moves like this make me VERY happy Omar Minaya works for the Mets.
- All the girls on my facebook newsfeed are crying about the trade…
- Enjoy New York Frenchy, they’re going to love watching you suck terribly.
- Wow, I almost s*** my pants when I read the headline.
And my personal favorite: