This is a new feature, which will run every Sunday. It's a recap of Amazin' Avenue posts from the past week that you may have missed.
- Mets Fan Reedcuation: The Media, Management, And You - Sam starts off the week with a bang, comparing news media's coverage of politics to the sports media's coverage of the Mets and baseball in general. He ends with a final plea to fans to improve the level of discourse surrounding the team.
- A Tour Around SB Nation - The first of another new regular feature, I present links to the other great SB Nation baseball blogs
#1, #2, #3, #4, #5 NL Starters At The Halfway Point - I determine which pitchers are classified as #1-#5 starters for the 1st half of the season based on their FIP.
- Mets Prospect Chat With John Sickels Of Minor League Ball - Prospect guru Sickels joins us to answer some questions about the Mets farm system. Click here for the full transcript.
Mets Top Prospects: #26 Cesar Puello - Sam and Mark (AKA Meddler) are working on a Mets prospect countdown and this is the first entry. Mark's knowledge of the Mets farm system is quite extensive, and this should be a terrific series.
- Amazin' Avenue Swag Contest: June Results - Congratulations to metslaw, the June swag winner.
Blogger Smackdown: Eric Stephen Of True Blue L.A. - Eric talks Dodger baseball with TBLA. The Dodgers laid the smackdown this week.
- Ollie's Comeback Start In Brief - The Good, the Bad, and the Ugly of Oliver Perez's first start back from the DL. Emphasis on Bad.
- Gary, Keith & Ron Drinking Game - For those who aren't yet members of the other AA.
Free Jon Niese. NOW. - Sam hits us with some common sense - Jon Niese >>>> Livan Hernandez.
- Blogger Smackdown: Joel Luckhaupt Of Red Reporter - Eric interviews Joel from RR. I blame this post for Bronson Arroyo's 4-hit shutout.
- Mets Trade Ryan Church For Jeff Francoeur
- Jim Bowden Thinks The Mets Won The Trade!!
- Instant Opinions Of The Jeff Francoeur Trade From The Best In The Business
- Quick Math Lesson
- More Thoughts On The Francoeur Trade
- Braves Fans React To Church-For-Francoeur
The French Connection: Mets 4, Reds 0 - ZOMG 2 RsBI, it's the Hall of Fame not the Hall of Very Good, do you actually watch the games?, get out of your mother's basement, Francoeur = Mantle, Ryan Church was never called "The Natural" by Sports Illustrated, oh wait what are we talking about again?