Here's what you may have missed this week while eagerly awaiting the release of Inglourious Basterds:
- Mid-Season Filler: All-Time Mets Streaks - Eric uses the Baseball-Reference Play Index to find the longest streaks in Mets history.
Eat It Verducci - Joe shows us that Mike Pelfrey quietly had a fine 1st half. His 2nd half is another story.
- Hope For Francoeur Lies On The Bottom Line - I try to be optimistic about Jeff Francoeur in the 2nd half, suggesting that his desire to make lots of money playing baseball might result in a new hitting approach.
Amazin' Avenue Home Run Derby Contest Results - Congratulations to squid92 for winning the contest with some almost perfect predictions.
- First Annual New York City Jonathon - Jon Niese FTW over Livan Hernandez, courtesy of All Shook Down.
- Mets Top Prospects: #25 Eric Beaulac - Sam and Mark profile the lanky Le Moyne product.
- Looking For The Next Jeff Francoeur - Sam searches for other young players with promise who have struggled.
- Blogger Smackdown: Martin Gandy Of Talking Chop - Eric talks Braves with the head honcho at TC.
- Mid-Season Filler: The Mets' Most Recent Trade With Each Team - The title is self-explanatory.
- Yet Another Take On Wright's BABIP - Newcomer mnbv uses the xBABIP calculator from THT to expand on the mainstream media's new favorite topic.
- A Guest Post From Jeff Francoeur - "Why walk, when you can fly! (with Delta)"
- Actual Exchange On Atlanta Public Transportation - A Braves fan asks Sam how it feels to be a Mets fan right now.