- Considering salary, Oliver Perez might be worse at baseball than anyone is at anything. He's Nickelback bad.
- Hey, unassisted triple play. We made history and got an awesome poem out of it to boot.
- Jeff Francoeur wears the WPA goat horns today, but he hit the ball hard and unfortunately (and inexplicably) the runners were going with the pitch. We all love the hit-and-run when it works, but how often is that? Twice a season?
- It was a little weird to see Pedro Martinez in a Phillies' uniform, but I got over it pretty quickly. He was about what I expected: five strikeouts, one walk, four runs in six innings.
- Luis Castillo went 3-for-4 with a walk and has an OBP of .411.
- Brian Schneider went 0-for-4 and has an OBP of .268.
- Elmer Dessens has been far from awful. There, I said it.
- Francoeur saw more pitches than any Met aside from Daniel Murphy.
- The Phillies have a nice lineup. Think of how many runs they'd score if Jimmy Rollins and his .290 on-base percentage weren't leading off.
For this season's Mets
Unassisted triple play
is a routine loss
Big winners: Daniel Murphy, +21.2% WPA, Luis Castillo, +19.9% WPA
Big losers: Oliver Perez, -40.3% WPA, Jeff Francoeur, -35.9% WPA
Teh aw3s0mest play: Murphy single in ninth, +14.4% WPA
Teh sux0rest play: Francoeur triple-play to end game, -33.5% WPA
Total pitcher WPA: -39.4% WPA
Total batter WPA: -10.6% WPA
GWRBI!: Jimmy Rollins
Nice job by KeithsMoustache; his effort in the game thread embiggens us all.
|Num||Name||# of Posts|