We're on our way to Chicago! We had a nice little jaunt through Jersey and Pennsylvania today, stopping first to see District 9, then hitting up a brewpub and outlet shopping, and finally settling just inside Ohio for the night. We'll get up early and hit the Cleveland Zoo (and another brewpub) and hope to reach Chicago late Wednesday evening.
As for this game, I didn't see it though I caught a few innings of it on the road via the Marlins' radio broadcast on XM. Some bullet notes:
- Nelson Figueroa pitched pretty well, allowing just four hits and one earned run (plus one unearned run) and struck out two while walking none in five innings. He registered just two swinging strikes in 78 pitches thrown.
- Figueroa's counterpart, Sean West, allowed six hits and three walks in six innings but surrendered just one run on a Fernando Tatis RBI single in the fourth.
- That was pretty much it for the Mets' offense. They managed just a walk and a hit in three innings against the Marlins' bullpen.
- Sean Green allowed three hits and two walks in two innings but didn't allow any runs to score on his watch. BB-Rod walked a batter and struck out two in an inning of work.
- Jeff Francoeur picked up two doubles and has the on-base percentage up to .301.
- Omir Santos went 1-for-4 and saw his OBP drop to .302. Frenchy is nipping at his heels.
Mike Pelfrey takes on Josh Johnson at 7:10pm Wednesday night.
First day after Johan
Strong Nelson, gritty Francoeur
And standard errors
Big winners: Sean Green, +9.5% WPA, Gary Sheffield, +4.5% WPA
Big losers: Angel Pagan, -14.6% WPA, Daniel Murphy, -13.1% WPA
Teh aw3s0mest play: Tatis RBI single in fourth, +10.1% WPA
Teh sux0rest play: Gload RBI single in fifth, -13.4% WPA
Total pitcher WPA: +12.7% WPA
Total batter WPA: -62.7% WPA
GWRBI!: Ross Gload
Nice job by KeithsMoustache; his effort in the game thread embiggens us all.
|Num||Name||# of Posts|