David Wright's home run yesterday overtook Omir Santos's Papelbon shot for the most valuable plate appearance of the year, according to WPA. For a day it felt like September 2006 again. Here are this week's posts:
- Amazin' Avenue Citi Fieldguide - kingcritical put together an extensive guide to the Mets' home which we hope can be an ongoing community project.
- Omir Santos, Model - Oh hey there Omir.
- Hyperbole Alert - Sam picks apart Jayson Stark's "anonymous baseball source" Mets dis.
- The Traffic Growth Of Amazin' Avenue - Traffic has increased as the Mets have tanked. Great work by Eric and everyone in the community.
- Place Your Bids: The Citi Field Silent Auction - For just $50 you can own an Ambiorix Burgos game-worn jersey!
- Is The World Baseball Classic To Blame? - Eric examines the possible effect playing in the WBC had on various Mets this season. For my take on Mets participating in the WBC, I'll defer to Keith Hernandez:
I would not have played [in the WBC]. I would not have risked it. I’m getting paid to play for the New York Mets and I just think that’s what you’re paying me for.
SBNation.com Is Fully Operational - Congrats to the SBN head honchos for making this happen.
Mike Pelfrey's Worst Nightmare - I look at one major reason why Mike Pelfrey seems to be having such a bad season.
- Friday Hodgepodge - I tackle some of the week's events, including a Jeff Pearlman Mets post and Murray Chass taking Jayson Stark to task.
- Baseball After 9/11 At Shea - Video from the documentary "Nine Innings From Ground Zero", chronicling the first baseball game in New York City after 9/11. This is my favorite Mets moment ever and probably always will be. Thanks for making that night special Mike Piazza.
- Jeff Francoeur: I Wanna Be A Nashville Star - Imagine the uproar if Jose Reyes or Carlos Beltran said something like this?
- This Week In Mets Quotes - Sokojoe channels FootballOutsiders.com and hits us with TWIMQ.