Bob Feller died tonight at the age of 92. He was a wonderfully talented pitcher, a hall of famer, and a World War II veteran. He spent his entire 18-year career with the Cleveland Indians.
Some more Feller links:
- Read more about his service time at ESPN.
- And even more at Baseball In Wartime.
- Check out his stats at Baseball Reference.
- Get his full bio at Wikipedia.
- Visit his official website.
- Read quite a bit of John Sickels's Bob Feller: Ace Of The Greatest Generation at Google Books.
- Sickels also has a post up at Minor League Ball about Feller.
- A feature story and interview with Feller at Cleveland.com from earlier this year.
- A YouTube video of Feller's fastball velocity being measured using Army ordinance equipment that was more typically used to clock artillery shell velocity.
- Bob Feller quotes.
- Feller's page at the baseball hall of fame.
- A detailed profile of Feller from USA Today in 2007.