New York Mets Daily Farm System Report - Results from the night of Friday June 11, 2010.
The Usual Suspects
AAA - Buffalo (33-27)
- 3B Mike Hessman: DNP (.291/.369/.624); still injured
- CF Fernando Martinez: 1-4, R, 2B, 2 K (.244/.298/.384); yay! Fernando’s back!
- RF Val Pascucci: 0-3, BB, 2 K (.224/.350/.448)
- 1B Mike Jacobs: 0-4, RBI (.271/.309/.503)
- C Josh Thole: 2-4, 2B, 2 RBI (.262/.338/.423); yay! Thole’s back!
- SP Pat Misch: 5.0 IP, 4 ER, 7 H, 3 BB, 3 K, 0 HR (5-2, 3.58 ERA, 75.1 IP, 77 H, 14 BB, 44 K, 5 HR)
AA - Binghamton (28-29)
- CF Kirk Nieuwenhuis: 0-4, 3 K (.284/.322/.472)
- 2B Reese Havens: 0-1, K (.338/.400/.662); was removed in the third due to soreness—Tim Teufel called it a precautionary measure
- 1B Nick Evans: 1-4, R, 2B, K (.279/.349/.524)
- 3B Eric Campbell: 1-4 (.320/.366/.427)
- LF Lucas Duda: 0-4, 2 K (.292/.418/.519); struggling a little bit since returning
- SP Eric Niesen: 1.1 IP, 3 ER, 2 H, 4 BB, 0 K, 0 HR (1-3, 3.49 ERA, 28.1 IP, 19 H, 24 BB, 21 K, 1 HR); just had nothing
- RP Eddie Kunz: 3.2 IP, 0 ER, 1 H, 3 BB, 2 K, 0 HR (4-4, 5.40 ERA, 56.2 IP, 54 H, 34 BB, 32 K, 2 HR)
Lo-A Savannah (35-25)
- SS Wilmer Flores: 1-4 (.286/.356/.448)
- LF Juan Lagares: 1-4 (.296/.312/.459)
- DH Nick Santomauro: 1-4, 2B, R (.165/.206/.198); Nick’s gonna get his slugging percentage over .200 any day now
- 3B Jefrey Marte: 0-4 (.226/.307/.326); just three for his last 20, and committed his 18th error
- CF Cesar Puello: 1-3, 2B, RBI (.244/.326/.302)
- 2B Alonzo Harris: 0-3, K (.244/.277/.378)
- SP Collin McHugh: 1.0 IP, 8 ER, 7 H, 1 BB, 1 K, 1 HR (2-4, 3.79 ERA, 54.2 IP, 57 H, 13 BB, 48 K, 3 HR); ERA went up 1.2 runs yesterday
Star of the Night
Pass. (If it has to be anybody, give it to Josh Thole, I guess. But nobody was a star last night.)
Our Goat of the Night is has to be Collin McHugh, but it should be noted that Eric Niesen, Kirk Nieuwenhuis, Jefry Marte, Lucas Duda, Jose de la Torre, Marshall Hubbard, and Mike Jacobs all had craptacular performances. It was a miserable day for the Mets’ organization. Thankfully St. Lucie had the day off.
- Buffalo dropped its fifth straight on Friday with an 8-3 loss to Durham capped by the ejections of manager Ken Oberkfell and reliever John Lujan after Lujan had beaned Angel Chavez. The news wasn’t all bad, however: last night’s game saw the returns of injured comrades Fernando Martinez and Josh Thole, who combined to go 3-8 with a pair of doubles. Buffalo certainly looks depleted with the injuries to Martinez, Thole, Mike Hessman, and Jason Pridie and the promotions of Jesus Feliciano and Chris Carter as they're currently on a 5-game skid. Thankfully the force will be with them tonight as they get back to start a nice homestand.
- Well, there’s no doubt who’s to blame for this one. Four B-Mets pitchers combined to walk ten batters, and Binghamton lost to Trenton, 6-2. Reese Havens had to be removed in the third due to some muscle soreness that he’s been dealing with lately, and the rest of the offense managed just six hits without him. Trenton starter walked just one and struck out nine.
- It’s All-Star Weekend in the FSL, so no games. The All-Star Game takes place tonight at 7:35 PM. Sean Ratliff, Josh Satin, Manuel Alvarez, and Chris Schwinden will be representing the Mets. Play resumes Monday.
- Collin McHugh gave up eight first inning runs as Savannah lost 11-1 to Greensboro. The Sand Gnats walked just four and struck out eight, but they allowed 14 hits and served up three homers.