This is a poll, of sorts; not really an article. And it's barely Mets related, if at all. Read more after the jump.
Top 10 lists are hugely popular, but recently I saw an interesting riff on them -- villains, basically. So, let's do one for sports.
Let's say you had to pick the top, say, 32 people who were the worst in American sports history. Who would you choose?
- Put yours in the comments. Make the title of the comment the person's (or group's) name. One person per comment.
- Use the rest of the comment to explain why you put that person down.
- If you agree that the person should make the list, rec the comment, even if you don't agree with the reasons why. You can articulate your own reasons in a reply comment.
- Do _not_ put players on the list for non-sports transgressions (e.g., Michael Vick for dogfighting is a no-no).
- You must have a tangible reason for including the person. You can put Bud Selig, but you need to say why, and not "he sucks." List reasons.
- The reason(s) have to relate somehow to America, beyond "Americans play that game." For example, Günter Parche, the dude who stabbed Monica Seles, probably isn't eligible because he's not an American, she's not an American, and the stabbing didn't take place in the U.S. -- even though I'm sure there were Americans in that tournament.