The Mets may be preparing for the regular season, but here at Amazin' Avenue we're in mid-season form. Here's your recap of the past week of the best we've had to offer. Our very own Rob Castellano is covering Spring Training, and he's been producing a ton of great content:
And we had plenty more:
- Buy The Amazin' Avenue Annual - The book drops on Tuesday, and it's filled with some really great stuff. We've even got a trailer thanks to ReadTheApple.
- Jose Reyes, His Future, And The Mets - Eno analyzes the possibilities that lie ahead for Jose Reyes, and it's pretty clear Mets fans want Reyes to stick around beyond this season.
Mike Pelfrey's Lost Sinkerball Season - I look at Mike Pelfrey's odd use of his sinker in 2010 and what it might mean in 2011.
- Mets Re-Sign Feliciano - Rob reports the news along with some analysis of this and a couple other minor league signings.
- The Real "Luis Castillo Disconnect" - Sam reacts to all the negative coverage of Castillo lately.
- Luis Castillo: History's Greatest Monster? - Matt looks at this whole Castillo thing, too.
February WAR Projection - James follows up on his roster prediction with an estimate of its performance in 2011.
- Mets Farm System Top 5: Make or Break Seasons - Another great prospect list from Rob.
Murray Chass's Valentines Day - Matt's got plenty to say in response to yet another Murray Chass rant related to the Mets.
- R.A. Dickey On Boomer & Carton - Eric recaps Dickey's appearance on WFAN's morning show and also gives us The First R.A. Dickey Face Of 2011.
- Mets Photo Day: Jason Pridie's Sweet, Sweet Beard - Eric finds a fantastic photo from media day.
- Hail to the Chief: Mets Edition - Ever want to look at the Mets through a presidential lens? Rob's got you covered.
- An Interview with Mets First Round Draft Pick RHP Matt Harvey - On top of everything else above, Rob conducted this interview.
FanPost of the Week: R.A. Dickey's Knuckleball Family Tree by Brooklyn Mets Fan