If Super Bowl Sunday isn't doing it for you, there's plenty to read from the past week here at Amazin' Avenue.
- The Wilpons: Are You Now or Have You Ever Been Broke? - Matt does a great job making some sense of this whole Wilpon fiasco. Later in the week, he asks the community for ownership suggestions: Let's Play Fantasy Mets Owner.
The Amazin' Avenue Annual Is Available For Pre-Order - If you thought the Verizon iPhone pre-order was exciting, you ain't seen nothin' yet.
- Sandy Alderson: "Stolen Bases Are A Footnote" - James looks at Alderson's quotation in the context of the Mets, a team that has stolen bases very successfully for the past few years.
A "Scouting Report" on Chris Capuano - Eno gives some more insight on Capuano with some help from Brewers fans.
- This Date in mets.com History: January 31, 2007 - You think the Mets rotation looks iffy heading into this season? Let me remind you how things looked four years ago.
- An Interview with St. Lucie RHP Kyle Allen - Another week, another great interview by Rob.
- Angel Pagan Would Be Okay With Playing Center Or Right Field - Eric breaks down the scenario between Collins, Pagan, and Beltran.
- Mark Cuban Won't Chase Mets, However... - Eric reports there's at least an outside chance Mark Cuban would consider owning the Mets.
- NYC Calls in its Closer: Eminent Domain - Progress is being made in the potential development of Willets Point.
Let's Go to the Audiotape: Fonzie Has a Field Day - Matt's got some great clips from the 6-for-6 day Edgardo Alfonzo had in Houston.
- Baseball Surnacronyms - Have some fun with the last names of baseball.
FanPost of the Week
- Mr. Met at the Movies - A few great images here.
FanShot of the Week
YouTube of the Week