As the season draws nearer, things are picking up, and there's been plenty of coverage here at Amazin' Avenue. Here's your list of the content we had here over the past week
- Mets Prospect Promotion During the Omar Minaya Era - Rob does an excellent job breaking down the way prospects were handled under the previous Mets administration.
- Joel Sherman's Dog Whistle - Matt calls out Sherman for some ridiculousness in his column about the Mets.
- Projecting The Mets' Opening Day Roster - Eric takes his best guess at the roster and also provides updates on the matter with Make-The-Mets-O-Meter, Week 2: Pitchers and Make-The-Mets-O-Meter, Week 2: Hitters.
Spring Training Game Recaps
I've been posting mini-recaps of spring training games, and here's the list:
- Tigers 2, Mets 1: Dickey and the Relievers Outperform Hitters
- Astros 5, Mets 4 & Nats 4, Mets 3: Mets Lose by One Run Twice Today
- Mets 7, Astros 2: Thole, Murphy, Kirk, and the Bullpen Shine
- Mets 9, Marlins 4 and Nats 6, Mets 5: Duda, Valdespin, and Gronauer each hit a 3-run Bomb
- Mets 10, Marlins 0: Niese Looks Great, Davis and Thole Go Deep, Marlins
- Braves 12, Mets 0: Dickey, Carrasco, Beato, and Lineup Struggle