New York Mets Daily Farm System Report - 4/11
*All results from games played on Sunday, April 10th 2011
AAA - Buffalo Bisons (2-2)_______________________________________
PAWTUCKET 1, BUFFALO 2 (Box) Interesting game in Buffalo where the talented offense still hasn't quite gelled but the pitching staff really stepped up. After RHP Boof Bonser left the game in the middle of the fourth with an injury, four relievers combined to throw 6+ innings of scoreless, one-hit relief. From there, a 2B Justin Turner triple/1B Nick Evans single and SS Ruben Tejada later scoring on a wild pitch were all the Herd needed.
- RF Fernando Martinez: DNP
- CF Kirk Nieuwenhuis: 0-0, 3 BB; Positive sign, weird though
- 1B Nick Evans: 2-4, RBI K
- 3B Zach Lutz: 0-4, 2 K
- 2B Justin Turner: 1-4, 3B, R ,K
- SS Ruben Tejada: 0-3, R, BB, K, SB(2), E(3); That's three errors in four days
- RHP Boof Bonser: 3.2 IP, 1 ER, 3 H, 2 BB, 4 K; Left this one early with an apparent forearm injury
- RHP Manny Alvarez: .2 IP, 0 ER, 1 H, 0 BB, 0 K
- RHP Ryota Igarashi: 1.1 IP, 0 ER, 0 H, 0 BB, 2 K
- RHP Jose De La Torre: W, 1.2 IP, 0 ER, 0 H, 0 BB, 3 K; He's already 2 and 0
- LHP Mike O'Connor: 1.2 IP, 0 ER, 0 H, 1 BB, 0 K; 2-for-3 against lefties
- ROSTER UPDATE - After the major league pen faltered and Blaine Boyer was sent packing, the Mets called up RHP Ryota Igarashi from Buffalo -- as well as RHP Jason Isringhausen from extended ST. In addition, thanks to the hot start of Willie Harris and the resulting lack of ab's, OF Lucas Duda was optioned back to Buffalo to make space.
AA - Binghamton Mets (2-2)_____________________________________
BINGHAMTON 0, AKRON 1 (Box) The offenses didn't show up in this one as they went a total of 1-for-7 with RISP with a combined one extra-base hit. The pitching, however, did; Bingo's staff held the Aeros to just seven hits and struck out nine overall. Unfortunately, three Akron pitchers did them one better by holding the B-Mets to just three hits with ten K's and a costly error by 1B Allan Dykstra in the fourth sealed it.
- SS Jordany Valdespin: 0-4, 3 K; Not what you want to see out of someone working on their plate discipline
- 3B-1B Eric Campbell: 1-4, 2B, K
- 2B Josh Satin: 0-4, 2 K
- 1B Allan Dykstra: 0-1, BB, E(2)
- LHP Robert Carson: 5 IP, 0 ER (1 unearned run), 6 H, 0 BB, 4 K
- LHP Eric Niesen: 1 IP, 0 ER, 0 H, 0 BB, 1 K; Re-instated after the three-game suspension to start the year
- ROSTER UPDATE - With the Bisons short a pitcher RHP Dylan Owen was sent up to Buffalo. In two appearances thus far Owen has allowed four runs over just 1.1 IP. Taking his place was RHP Brandon Moore, who Binghamton had been looking for a way to fit onto their roster since camp broke.
Hi-A St. Lucie Mets (3-1)________________________________________
ST. LUCIE 2, PALM BEACH 1 (Box) Palm Beach went 0-for-17 with RISP. The Mets made three errors. This was an ugly game but St. Lucie ended up on top thanks to a solid effort by RHP Kyle Allen and the Mets 'pen, including two very nice innings by the hard-throwing RHP Nick Carr.
- SS Wilmer Flores: 1-4, K, SB(1), E(1)
- RF Cesar Puello: 0-5, K
- CF Matt den Dekker: 2-4, K, HBP
- 3B Jefry Marte: 1-3, R, BB, K, E(2); Here come the errors
- LF Juan Lagares: 0-4
- 2B Rylan Sandoval: 0-4
- C Francisco Pena: DNP
- RHP Kyle Allen: 3.2 IP, 0 ER, (1 unearned), 2 H, 3 BB, 5 K, HB
- RHP Nick Carr: W, 2 IP, 0 ER, 2 H, 0 BB, 4 K, WP
Lo-A Savannah Sand Gnats (1-2)__________________________________
Game One: SAVANNAH 1, WEST VIRGINIA 9 (Box) Long day for Savannah who dropped this one-sided affair thnaks in large p[art to their bullpen. 2010 Cyclones closer RHP Ryan Fraser was pulled from his first pro start in the fourth after being hit in the arm with a comebacker; details aren't known about the severity of the injury. Reliever RHP Guillaime Leduc allowed six of the next eight to reach in what became a seven-run inning. And despite eight hits, the offense couldn't get on the board much thanks to a 1-for-9 with RISP.
- 3B Aderlin Rodriguez: 1-3
- CF Carrell Ceciliani: 1-4, 2B, 2 K
- RF Cory Vaughn: 0-2, K
- C Albert Cordero: DNP
- C Blake Forsythe: 2-3, 2B, RBI, K
- 2B Wilfredo Tovar: 0-3
- SS Robbie Shields: 0-4, K, E(1)
- OF Javier Rodriguez: 2-3, 2B, R
- RHP Ryan Fraser: 3 IP, 2 ER, 3 H, 1 BB, 2 K, 2 E(2); Left game early after being hit with liner
Game Two: SAVANNAH 0, WEST VIRGINIA 2 (Box) Another rough game for the Gnats whose offense continued to struggle, tallying just two hits in this rain-shortened seven inning affair. On the bright side, 2010 NYPL All-Star RHP Yohan Almonte went the distance for Savannah, allowing just two runs on four hits.
★ Star of the Night ★
Not really many very good performances yesterday so let's recognize LHP Robert Carson for his five scoreless innings since his offense didn't seem to want to give him any support.
The Goat of the Night is easy though: Savannah's RHP Guillaume Leduc who relieved the injured Ryan Fraser by opening the flood gates on a seven-run inning that doomed the Gnats in the second game of their doubleheader.