*All results from games played on 5/10/2011
Send all of your questions about the Mets farm system to AAProspectMailbag@gmail.com!
AAA - Buffalo Bisons (14-19)_______________________________________
SCRANTON-WB 5, BISONS 9 (Box). Yankee 6'10" right-hander Andrew Brackman makes Chris Young look like Fiorello Laguardia. You should see this guy. He doesn't throw a baseball, he drops it. And the Bisons hit it. Earnest kid brother Ruben Tejada began things with a triple. In the fourth, F! homered. In the 6th, Valentino Pascucci homered. Name-wise, he makes Fiorello Laguardia look like Joe Smith. All in all, a 14 hit night for the Herd and enough to paper over a 12 hit night for the Yanks. Bumpy start for Carrasco though he struck out a whole pile. Slashlines may represent pre-game numbers.
- RF Fernando Martinez: 2-5, 1 R, HR(3), RBI (.292/.358./.433); crushed one tonight, has homered in two straight.
- CF Kirk Nieuwenhuis: 2-4, BB, K, SB(3) (.304/.407/.557); Amazing catch in CF. He ran a mile then caught it right as his glove was folding against itself into the wall. Great way to break your wrist, but he caught it and bounced off gunning the ball to first. Great throw, too. (Images below)
- 3B Nick Evans: 2-5, 2 R, 2 K (.222/.262./.342); Soon we'll say "who" for real, Nick
- SS Ruben Tejada: 2-4, R, 3B, BB (.274/.338/.419)
- 2B Luis Hernandez: 2-4, 2 R (.198/.226/.235)
- 1B Valentino Pascucci: 3-4, R, 2B, HR(1), 6 RBI (.193/.352/.263)
- RHP D.J. Carrasco: 5 IP, 7 H, 2 ER, 3 BB, 9 K 1 HR (1-1, 5.14 ERA, 14 IP, 5 BB, 14 K, 2 HR)
- RHP Manny Acosta: 1.2 IP, 3 H, 3 ER, 0 BB, 1 K, 1 HR
AA - Binghamton Mets (12-17)_____________________________________
NEW BRITAIN 2, BINGO 5 (Box) Bingo didn't get a hit until the 5th and didn't score a run until the 7th. Lucky for Wally he has Jeurys in his Familia. Welcome to Binghamton, kid. Let's hope Matt Harvey picks up your slack down in sunny St. Lucie...
- SS Jordany Valdespin: 0-4, E(9)
- LF Eric Campbell: 2-4, 2 R, HR(1), 2 RBI;
- IF Josh Satin: 0-3, BB, E(4)
- C Kai Gronauer: 0-2, RBI, K
- 1B Allan Dykstra: 1-2, R, 2 BB
- RHP Jeurys Familia: 7 IP, 5 H, 2 R, 1 ER, 0 BB, 1 HBP, 6 K (1-1, 1.45 ERA, 36.1 IP, 8 BB, 36 K, 1 HR)
Hi-A St. Lucie Mets (21-11)
LAKELAND 10, ST. LUCIE 2 (Box) Harvey's start:
1st Inning: 1B, BB, 4-6, HBP, GRAND SLAM, K, 4-3; 2nd Inning: K, 6-3, 5-3; 3rd Inning: 1B, K, 2 RUN SHOT, 4-3, F4; 4th Inning: 1B, 1B, 1-3, F6, 2 RUN SINGLE,
yanked. It happens.
- SS Wilmer Flores: 2-4, 2B
- RF Cesar Puello: 0-4, K
- CF Matt den Dekker: 0-4, K
- 3B Jefry Marte: 0-4, K
- C Francisco Pena: 0-4, K; I just typed that four times in a row.
- LF Pedro Zapata: 1-3, R, BB
- RHP Matt Harvey: 3.2 IP, 7 H, 8 ER, 1 BB, 1 HBP, 3 K, 2 HR (4-2, 2.97 ERA, 36.1 IP, 12 BB, 42 K, 3 HR); 2 of his 3 homers on the year = 6 Flying Tiger runs last night
Lo-A Savannah Sand Gnats (14-17)__________________________________
HICKORY 1, SAVANNAH 3 (Box) Watching Darrell Ceciliani in Brooklyn was much like watching Jose Reyes in Queens. The damned kid was exciting as hell and just made shit happen. Last night he led off the game with a walk, was singled over, and stole third. A ground out knocked him home. In the only other inning where Gnats scored -- the third -- he led off again, stroked a single, advanced on a wild pitch (inside the guy's head!!!) and trotted home on a Robbie Shields double. Seriously I love him.
- 3B Aderlin Rodriguez: 0-3, R, RBI, BB
- CF Darrell Ceciliani: 1-3, H, BB, K, SB(2)
- RF Cory Vaughn: 1-4, 2 K
- DH Albert Cordero: 1-3, K
- 2B Wilfredo Tovar: 1-4, 2 K
- SS Robbie Shields:1-3, 2B, 2 RBI, BB
- C Blake Forsythe: 0-3, BB
- RHP Greg Peavey: 6 IP, 4 H, 1 R, 0 ER, 6 K
- LHP Angel Cuan: 2 IP, 0 across
- LHP Josh Edgin: 1 IP, 1 H, 0 ER, 1 BB, 2 K
★ Star of the Night ★
In Japan they cheered for Valentino Pascucci like this:
Back state-side, the 31-year-old played hero last night with a long ball and six ribbies. Val val val val val val val! Pascucci became just the tenth Bison in the last ten years to notch a half dozen steaks in one game, joining names such as Alex Escobar ('03), Ryan Ludwick ('04, twice) and the immortal Mike Kinkade ('05).
Goat of the Night