*All results from games played on Wednesday, June 22nd 2011
AAA - Buffalo Bisons (30-44)_______________________________________
BUFFALO 3, DURHAM 9 (Box)
Mark Cohoon was very hittable last night, allowing 10 hits in his 4.2 innings of work. He managed to keep the game in reach for the offense by not walking anyone, and the Herd hung around -- hitting up cult hero Dirk Hayhurst -- until the bullpen imploded (in typical Mets fashion) in the 8th, allowing 5 runs to cross the plate and seal the win for the Bulls.
- DH Fernando Martinez: 0-3, 2 BB, 3 K, R; Back after missing about a week
- C Mike Nickeas: 2-4, 2 2B, K
- 1B Nick Evans: 2-4, 2B, R, K
- 3B Zach Lutz: 0-2, K; Came into this game mid-way
- 3B-2B Michael Fisher: 1-5, K; Hit streak at 16 games
- LHP Mark Cohoon: 4.2 IP, 10 H, 4 R (3 ER), 2 K, HR
- LHP Mike O'Connor: 2 IP, H, BB, 2 K
Hey, I recognize that first base coach! Good to see Kirk keeping busy during his stint on the DL...
AA - Binghamton Mets (24-45)_____________________________________
BINGHAMTON 3, AKRON 2 (Box)
The Binghamton Mets were pretty punchless on the whole, but packed the majority of their offensive work into a three run sixth inning to secure the victory. Robert Carson had control issues that shortened his outing, but Brad Holt had a decent 2 inning relief appearance to earn the win.
- 2B Reese Havens: 0-2, 2 BB, K, R
- SS Jordany Valdespin: 0-4, 2 K, E(16); Broke an 8-game hit streak
- 3B Josh Satin: 1-4, K
- CF Matt Den Dekker: 1-4, RBI, R, SB
- LHP Robert Carson: 4 IP, 2 ER, 6 BB, 4 K
- RHP Brad Holt: 2 IP, 1 H, 3 K, 2 BB; And so the Holt in the bullpen era begins
Hi-A St. Lucie Mets (38-32)________________________________________
ST. LUCIE 7, CHARLOTTE 5 (Box)
St. Lucie exploded for five runs in the sixth to power by Charlotte. Juan Lagares led the way with a big night, and Kyle Allen was pretty solid after a rough first inning. The win closes the first half of the season with a division win for St. Lucie, who will start fresh at 0-0 tomorrow.
- SS Wilmer Flores: 1-4, 2B, 2 RBI, K
- 2B Robbie Shields: 1-4, R, BB, K
- CF Cesar Puello: 0-4, K, RBI; And so begins the center field experiment
- DH Jefry Marte: 1-4, BB, K, R
- LF Juan Lagares: 3-5, 2 2B, 4 RBI, R; At .345 Lagares now leads the FSL in hitting
- 3B Rylan Sandoval: 0-3, BB, 2 K, R, SB(2), 2 E(9)
- RHP Kyle Allen: 5 IP, 6 H, 3 ER, 2 BB, 3 K
Short Season A - Brooklyn Cyclones (5-1)__________________________________
BROOKLYN 5, ABERDEEN 2 (Box)
Brooklyn jumped out to the lead early, scoring a pair of runs in both the second and third innings. They'd never look back, going on to a comfortable victory behind some solid pitching for their fifth consecutive victory.
- 3B Brian Harrison: 1-4, 2B, RBI, K
- CF Travis Taijeron: 1-2, 2 BB, R
- SS Daniel Muno: 2-4, 2B, K, 2 R
- C Nelfi Zapata: 1-4, RBI
- RHP Eduardo Aldama: 5.2 IP, 1 H, 3 BB, 5 K; This is an arm to watch in 2011
Rookie Ball - Kingsport Mets (0-2)_______________________________________
KINGSPORT 3, JOHNSON CITY 5 (Box)
It was a fairly nice outing for flamethrower Domingo Tapia, striking out 6 and walking none in his debut. The offense could only manage a handful of hits, however, and Kingsport suffered their second straight loss to open the season.
- LF Julio Conception: 1-4, K
- C Jeffrey Glenn: 1-4, 2B, K
- 2B Yucarybert De La Cruz: 1-4, R
- 3B Alex Sanchez: 1-4, R
- RF Greg Pron: 1-3, 2B, R
- RHP Domingo Tapia: 5 IP, 3 H, 2 ER, 6 K, 0 BB, HR
Rookie Ball - GCL Mets (1-1)_____________________________________
GCL METS 8, GCL ASTROS 4 (Box)
A strong start by Alberto Baldanado got the Mets up early, and the offense was on top of their game tonight. Carlos Levya, Gilbert Gomez, and Jeyckol De Leon all had multi hit performances to help the Mets earn their first win of the season.
- 2B Carlos Levya: 3-4, 2 2B, 5 RBI, R
- 1B Ryan Hutson: 1-3, 2B, BB, 2 R
- C Jeyckol De Leon: 2-4, 2 2B, K
- RF Gilbert Gomez: 2-4, 2 R, 2 RBI, K
- LF Ariel Mercedes: 1-3, BB, 2 R
- LHP Alberto Baldanado: 5 IP, 3 H, 1 ER, 6 K, BB,