*All results from games played on June 6, 2011
AAA - Buffalo Bisons (26-32)_______________________________________
BUFFALO 3, GWINNET 4 (Box) Igarashi stepped into a tie game, start of the ninth inning, reached back, threw a pitch, and the ballgame was over. Sheesh, if he'd have thrown two pitches what would have happened? The franchise folds? We extend Jason Bay? Yes, this was a walk-off loss and a heartbreaker, wasting a banner night from Captain Kirk, whose pair of doubles fell in the middle of two Bison mini-rallies. Three runs on ten hits wasn't enough to back up a so-so start from near-Met Chris Schwinden (healthy Dickey be praised), who showed OK peripherals but was hit altogether too hard.
- RF Fernando Martinez: 1-4, R, K
- CF Kirk Nieuwenhuis: 3-4, R, 2 2B, K
- LF-1B Lucas Duda: 1-3, BB
- 2B Luis Hernandez: 1-3, 2 RBI
- 3B Michael Fisher: 2-5, 2 K; (.278/.326/.467)
- RHP Chris Schwinden: 6 IP, 6 H, 3 ER, 1 BB, 4 K, 1 HR; In Buffalo: (56.1 IP, 3.20, 41 H, 20 BB, 48 K, 5 HR)
- RHP Ryota Igarashi: 0 IP, one homer on one pitch; In Buffalo: (11.2 IP, 2.31, 5 H, 3 BB, 17 K, 2 HR), other than the long balls...
AA - Binghamton Mets (18-36)_____________________________________
Hi-A St. Lucie Mets (29-28)________________________________________
ALSO DIDN'T PLAY. LIKELY SPENT THE DAY, MEAGER WAGES AT THE LAUNDROMAT, ARCADES.
Lo-A Savannah Sand Gnats (31-26)__________________________________
SAVANNAH 1, ASHVILLE 10 (Box) Brutal. How do you garner eight hits to the other team's nine, and lose ten to one? You hit all singles; you go one for eight with runners in scoring position; you leave eight aboard; you ground into two double plays; you get caught stealing; you don't walk. But wait a minute, still... How did Ashville score ten runs on nine hits when they left eleven aboard? Well, I'll tell you, but you won't like it. Eleven walks. Mix a couple homers into that foul brew and you've got trouble. Trouble with the Tourists of Ashville. Nice franchise name you've got there.
- DH Aderlin Rodriguez: 0-4, 3 K
- CF Darrell Ceciliani: 1-4, CS(2); versus 8 SBs
- RF Cory Vaughn: 0-3, BB
- 2B Wilfredo Tovar: 1-4
- SS Robbie Shields: 1-3, R, BB, K, SB(8)
- C Blake Forsythe: 2-3, BB, K
- RHP Taylor Whitenton: 3.2 IP, 6 H, 9 ER, 5 BB, 7 K, 2 HR; Before tonight: (42 IP, 2.14, 29 H, 16 BB, 53 K). It's worse now.