Two years ago, R.A. Dickey had just one good season under his belt with the Mets, but a gaping-mawed cult hero had already been born at Amazin' Avenue. It didn't take long for AA-ers to discover the Dickey Face, and in September 2010, the now-infamous "R.A. Dickey Face" contest changed the Internet forever.
Now that R.A. Dickey has joined the ranks of erstwhile Mets, having been traded to the Blue Jays yesterday, the only reasonable and appropriate thing to do is to give him a proper send-off, Amazin' Avenue style.
Without further throat-clearing, I'm pleased to announce the return of the Amazin' Avenue "R.A. Dickey Face" Contest, wherein our incredibly (or, in some cases, not) artistic community of R.A. Dickheads celebrates the once — and perhaps future? — luminous knuckleballing Met with the greatest honor one can endeavor to bestow upon another: an MS Paint masterpiece.
Simple: Create the best R.A. Dickey PhotoShop/MS Paint/whatever image. Think you've got the skills? Time to prove it. We will select our five favorite Dickey image FanShots and the Amazin' Avenue community will select a winner.
In addition to bragging rights for all eternity, the winner will also receive an autographed R.A. Dickey baseball.
- You must use one of the following images as the "Dickey" part of the entry. These images are licensed for use only for this contest and exclusively on Amazin' Avenue. That means you can't use them for anything else and you can't post them on other websites. If you use a Dickey photo other than one provided here your entry will not count. I can't be any clearer than that.
- The rest of the entry image can come from wherever you want — screen capture, movie poster, etc. — so long as you don't use anyone else's professional photography. That means no paparazzi or professional sports photos.
- Your entry must be a FanShot.
- Since FanShots reduce the image size to fit web standards, you must include a link to the full-size image in the FanShot itself or in the FanShot comments. You can utilize a free image-hosting service like Flickr or Photobucket to upload the full-size photo and link to it from your FanShot.
- If you have previously posted a Dickey FanShot you can resubmit it using one of the Dickey photos provided below. HOWEVER: You may not resubmit or reuse an entry from the previous contest. Entry ideas should be new for this contest.
- Only one entry per person will be accepted, so if you have several ideas just choose the best one. If you submit multiple entries we will just use your first one.
Per the rules above, one of the following licensed R.A. Dickey images must be used in your entry. Click the link to view and download each full-size image.
You can also download the six images in one .zip file (6.9 MB)
Ready... Set... Dickey!
The contest is live now and will run until 5pm EST Sunday, December 23, 2012. The community voting will be held from the 26th through the 28th. So get to it!
By participating in this contest, you are subject to the official rules, found here.