*All results from games played on Sunday, April 15th
Clean sweep night for the Mets affiliates as they all got in on the winning.
AAA - Buffalo Bisons (5-6)_______________________________________
BUFFALO 10, PAWTUCKET 9 (Box)
It wasn't a good showing for Matt Harvey, but a 5 run 6th and a late game tying rally put the Bisons in a position to win this one in the 10th. Jordany Valdespin got the game-winning single (video below) to lead the Bisons to victory as they came back from 6 down earlier in the game.
- 2B Jordany Valdespin: 1-6, RBI, BB, K
- 3B Zach Lutz: 0-2, RBI, 4 BB, K, R
- 1B Josh Satin: 1-2, K
- RHP Matt Harvey: 3.2 IP, 6 H, 6 R (5 ER), 3 BB, 2 K
- RHP Brad Holt: 1.2 IP, 3 ER, 6 H, 1 BB, 0 K; Perhaps not quite ready for Triple-A?
INJURY UPDATE - Everyone's favorite little lefty Daniel Herrera has been placed on the DL with a left elbow sprain. As a result, Brad Holt was optioned up to Triple-A to take his place; as you can see above he didn't fare very well in his debut.Video evidence of Valdy's walk-off; gotta love that quick-whip bat speed:
AA - Binghamton Mets (4-5)_____________________________________
Greg Peavey and Armando Rodriguez were both solid today, but neither really needed to be as the Binghamton bats were alive today. Juan Lagares continued to pile up the walks as he continues to show more polish this season.
- LF Juan Lagares: 0-3, R, 2 BB, K, SB (3)
- CF Matt Den Dekker: 2-5, HR (1), R, RBI, K
- 3B Jefry Marte: 1-1, R, RBI; Left this one early
- C Juan Centeno: 2-5, R
- LF Pedro Zapata: 1-5, K
- RHP Greg Peavey: 5 IP, 4 H, 1 BB, 4 K
- RHP Armando Rodriguez: 3 IP, 0 H, 0 R, 5 K, BB
- LHP Josh Edgin: 0.1 IP, 0 H, 0 K, 0 BB
INJURY UPDATE(S) - According to Lynn Worthy of the Binghamton Press & Bulletin, Allan Dykstra appears to have suffered a fractured wrist. Additionally, Jefry Marte left Sunday's game in the second inning with tightness in his hamstring.
ROSTER UPDATE - With Brad Holt shipped out to Buffalo, infielder Rylan Sandoval (pictured, above) was added to the Binghamton roster. The 24-yr old Sandoval batted .224 with eight home runs with St. Lucie in 2011.
Additionally, congrats to B-Mets starter Greg Peavey who was named the Eastern League Pitcher of the Week today after his very first week in Double-A. The 2010 sixth rounder out of Oregon St. won both his starts in that span, throwing 10.2 scoreless innings and striking out nine batters while walking just one.
Hi-A St. Lucie Mets (8-2)________________________________________
ST. LUCIE 6, CHARLOTTE 4 (Box)
The Mets had a rough start to this one, as Angel Cuan got beat up a little bit in the first inning. All 4 Charlotte runs were scored in the bottom of the first, but like the Bisons the Mets fought back. A four run 7th highlighted by a Francisco Pena double would put the Mets ahead for good as the Mets continue to pace the FSL.
- CF Cesar Puello: 1-3, 2 BB, R; Back and more patient than than ever, also played his first game in center of 2012
- 3B Wilmer Flores: 1-3, RBI
- SS Wilfredo Tovar: 1-4
- 2B Danny Muno: 1-4, 2 RBI, BB
- 3B Richard Lucas: 2-4, 2 R
- RHP Angel Cuan: 5.1 IP, 9 H, 4 ER, 3 K, BB, HR
- LHP Adam Kolarek: 0.2 IP, H, BB
INJURY UPDATE: Fresh off of his best game of the year last Monday (4-for-5, HR) Darrell Ceciliani was sidelined by a strained right hamstring. He was finally placed on the DL today, retroactive to last Tuesday. At least Puello is back to take his spot in center. Additionally, Cory Vaughn was placed on the Temporary Inactive List for reasons unknown to me.
Lo-A Savannah Sand Gnats (7-4)__________________________________
SAVANNAH 6, AUGUSTA 1 (Box)
Dustin Lawley got the Gnats going with a 2 run shot in the 2nd and it was smooth sailing from there on out. Tyler Pill again looked very solid for the Gnats, and Aderlin Rodriguez was again good at the plate and bad in the field.
- C Cam Maron: 0-5, K
- 3B Aderlin Rodriguez: 2-5, HR (3), RBI, 2 R, K, E (7)
- CF Travis Taijeron: 2-3, HR (2), 2B, 2 R, RBI, BB, K
- 2B Brandon Brown: 2-5, 2B, K
- RHP Tyler Pill: 6 IP, 5 H, BB, 2 K
★ Star of the Night ★