*All results from games played on Saturday, May 19th
AAA - Buffalo Bisons (26-17)_______________________________________
BUFFALO 11, INDIANAPOLIS 6 (Box)
A wild Jeurys Familia couldn't get out of the fourth inning in this one, but Buffalo's bats smashed six home runs, including three off the bat of C Vinny Rottino to thunder to their fourth straight victory. It was a sloppy victory as Buffalo committed four errors, walked eight and uncorked two wild pitches. But, you know, six home runs can cover for a lot of those issues.
- PH-2B Jordany Valdespin: 1-2, HR (3), R, RBI
- 1B Josh Satin: 1-2, R, 3 BB, SB; 8 walks in his last 10 games.
- 3B Brad Emaus: 2-3, E (2)
- RHP Jeurys Familia: 3.2 IP, 3 ER, 4 R, 5 H, 4 BB, 3 K, WP; Looking way too much like 2010 Jeurys Familia this year.
- LHP Josh Edgin: 2 IP, 0 ER, 1 H, 0 BB, 3 K; And this anonymous scouting report.
AA - Binghamton Mets (20-20)_____________________________________
BINGHAMTON 6, PORTLAND 5 (10) (Box)
Plenty of action in this one as the team's combined for 25 hits and some late inning drama. Of course, what you really care about is the rehabbing Jenrry Mejia, who was pulled after 3 innings of work, when he reached his pitch cap for the start. Interesting... Anyway, after that Darin Gorski came in and continued to struggle with his control at AA, walking four Sea Dogs in 4 1/3. Also concerning are the two home runs Gorski surrendered. That makes 3 in his last eight innings of work. Again, no reason to hit the panic button yet, but AA will be a bit tougher for Gorski than Advanced A. After Portland surged back to tie the game off Gorski and Brad Holt, we headed to extras, where Pedro Zapata made sure the citizens of Portland wouldn't be out too late, cranking a two out solo shot over the left field fence, and newly promoted Adrian Rosario pitched a perfect tenth for his first AA save.
- CF Matt Den Dekker: 1-4, R, 2 BB 2 K, 2 SB (7)
- DH Jefry Marte: 2-5, K, SB (2)
- 2B Reese Havens: 1-3, 2B, 2 BB, 2 K; Faint signs of life.
- C Juan Centeno: 2-5, 2B, R, RBI
- LF Pedro Zapata: 2-5, HR (1), R, 2 RBI, 2 K; Picked a good spot to hit his first home run of the year.
- LHP Darin Gorski: 4.1 IP, 3 ER, 3 H, 4 BB, 6 K, 2 HR, WP; Still missing bats, but when he doesn't, the results haven't been nearly as good.
- RHP Brad Holt: W, 1.2 IP, 2 H, 1 ER, 0 BB, 1 K
- RHP Adrian Rosario: SV, 1 IP, 0 ER, 0 H, 0 BB, 0 K
Hi-A St. Lucie Mets (34-8)________________________________________
ST. LUCIE 7, LAKELAND 3 (Box)
Obviously bored with the relative ease of the Florida State League slate, the Mets decided to make things interesting, spotting Lakeland an early 3-1 lead. No matter, as St. Lucie roared back for three runs in the fifth and three runs in the sixth to cruise to their sixth straight win, and their 34th in 42 games! Ludicrous. RHP Yohan Almonte helped build the aforementioned early deficit, but he settled down after that, and a rehabbing Pedro Beato an Kyle Allen held Lakeland scoreless over their combined four innings of work. The comeback was a team-wide effort from St. Lucie as every starter other than DH Joe Bonfe got on base at least once,
- 3B Wilmer Flores: 2-5, 2 R, RBI, K
- SS Wilfredo Tovar: 1-3, RBI
- RF Cory Vaughn: 2-4, R, BB, K
- LF Blake Forsythe: 1-2, 2B, 2 RBI; Guessing this was just a way to get his bat in the line-up, though he has had defensive issues behind the plate
- 2B Robbie Shields: 0-3, R, BB, HBP; Looks like Shields will be the starting second baseman for the next 50 games or so.
- RHP Yohan Almonte: W, 5 IP, 3 ER, 6 H, 3 BB, 4 K
Lo-A Savannah Sand Gnats (25-16)__________________________________
SAVANNAH 7, AUGUSTA 4 (Box)
The Gnats overcame a shaky start from RHP Michel Fulmer to snap a three game losing streak. A wild Fulmer only managed to get through 2 innings, and left with the Gnats down 4-3, but LHP Carlos Vazquez did his 2011 Angel Cuan impression and a 4 RBI day from 1B Brian Harrison powered the Gnats to victory. It didn't hurt either that Giants prospect Kyle Crick was eqully wild, walking six Gnats in six innings of work.
- C Albert Cordero: 0-3
- 3B Aderlin Rodriguez: 1-2, 2B, 2 R, RBI, 2 BB
- CF Travis Taijeron: 1-3, R, BB, K
- 1B Brian Harrison: 3-3, 2B, R, 4 RBI, BB; Any other day would likely be a lock for Star of the Night
- RHP Michael Fulmer: 2 IP, 2 H, 3 ER, 4 R, 3 BB, 1 K, 1 HR, E(2); Just repeat to yourself: He's only 19.
★ Star of the Night ★