*All results from games played on Saturday, May 26th
AAA - Buffalo Bisons (28-21)_______________________________________
BUFFALO 8, SCRANTON- WB 7 (Box)
Another 8-7 slugfest in Buffalo, but this time the Bisons came out on the winning end. Fred Lewis hit a three-run home run to help stake Garrett Olson to a 6-0 lead, but the southpaw gave it nearly all back on three home runs during a five run fifth for the Yanks. Justin Hampson couldn't hold the lead, giving up the fourth home run for the Yanks, but the Bisons struck back for two of their own, and then Fernando Cabrera nailed down his tenth save of the season.
- 2B Jordany Valdespin: 1-4, RBI, K, CS
- 1B Josh Satin: 1-3, R, BB, K;
- PH Brad Emaus: 1-1
- RHP Elvin Ramirez: 1 IP, 0 ER, 2 H, 0 BB, 1 K; No really, he pitched for real this time.
AA - Binghamton Mets (22-25)_____________________________________
NEW HAMPSHIRE 8, BINGHAMTON 2 (Box)
The Granite State continues to be unkind to the B-Mets. Last night's loss drops Binghamton to 5-7 against the Fisher Cats for the year. Greg Peavey set a season high, going 7 innings, but that was about the only thing impressive about his start. Meanwhile, the B-Mets offense continued to struggle with men in scoring position, going 1-8 against...wait, Brett Cecil is in AA now? Yeesh, poor guy.
- RF Juan Lagares: 1-4, 2B, RBI, 2 K; Note, when you only above average tool is the hit tool, 30 K in 43 games is a problem.
- CF Matt Den Dekker: 1-4, 2 K
- 3B Jefry Marte: 2-4, RBI
- 2B Reese Havens: 0-2, R, 2 BB, K
- C Juan Centeno: 1-4,
- RHP Greg Peavey: L, 7 IP, 5 ER, 7 H, 1 BB, 3 K, 2 HR, WP
Hi-A St. Lucie Mets (38-11)________________________________________
ST. LUCIE 5, CHARLOTTE 4 (Box)
What's the best way to erase the memory of a three game losing streak? Well, a four game winning streak doesn't hurt. St. Lucie came from behind last night to improve to 27 games over .500, which is tops in professional baseball, and probably better than most stacked AAU teams. Angel Cuan got the start and was just okay, but Jack Leathersich and John Church held the Stone Crabs at bay, and then St. Lucie tied it in the eighth off a wild pitch and won it with a walkoff walk. Just like the MLB Mets!
- 3B Wilmer Flores: 0-3, RBI, 2 BB, 2 E (8); Tough to say how well the transition to 3B is going without actually seeing him, but 8 errors is probably not exactly ideal.
- CF Darrell Ceciliani: 1-5
- SS Wilfredo Tovar: 1-3, BB
- RF Cory Vaughn: 0-3, RBI, 2 BB
- C Blake Forsythe: 2-3, 2B, R, BB, E (3)
- 2B Robbie Shields: 2-3, 2B, R, RBI, BB, K
- LHP Angel Cuan: 4.2 IP, 3 ER, 4 R, 9 H, 1 BB, 3 K, HB
- LHP Jack Leathersich: 2.1 IP, 0 ER, 0 H, 1 BB, 2 K; That's more like it.
Lo-A Savannah Sand Gnats (29-19)__________________________________
SAVANNAH 7, AUGUSTA 4 (Box)
Fresh off a mention in this week's Baseball America Hot Sheet, Rafael Montero went seven solid for the Sand Gnats. Montero continues to demonstrate his plus control, issuing zero free passes to the GreenJackets. For the season he has walked a mere 6 batters in 51.1 IP. The 12 groundball outs tonight are nice to see as well, as Montero has been predominantly a flyball pitcher this year. On the offensive side of things, LF Dustin Lawley knocked out three extra base hits and scored each time, while RF Charley Thurber added three hits of his own.
- C Cam Maron: 2-5, 2B, R, K
- 3B Aderlin Rodriguez: 0-3, R, RBI, BB, K
- CF Travis Taijeron: 2-5, 2B, RBI, 2 K
- RHP Rafael Montero: 7 IP, 3 ER, 7 H, 0 BB, 4 K, WP; Just keeps doing his thing. Do wonder if he will miss enough bats at higher levels, but that's a ways away. Plenty of time to refine the secondary stuff.
- LHP Carlos Vazquez: 1 IP, 1 ER, 1 H, 1 BB, 2 K
★ Star of the Night ★