PORT ST. LUCIE, FL - FEBRUARY 26: Jenrry Mejia #32 of the New York Mets throws against the Atlanta Braves at Digital Domain Park on February 26, 2011 in Port St. Lucie, Florida. (Photo by Marc Serota/Getty Images)
*All results from games played on Sunday, June 17th, 2012
Take a look back to the complete 2012 AA Pre-Season Top 50 Mets Prospects List
AAA - Buffalo Bisons (37-33)_______________________________________
PAWTUCKET 6, BUFFALO 1 (Box)
Garrett Olsen put the Herd in trouble early last night, needing a whopping 73 pitches to get through just 2 1/3 innings of work. The Herd offense would not be able to overcome the early deficit despite the presence of Ronny Cedeno in the lineup. The Jenrry Mejia bullpen transition didn't go so well last night, with Mejia managing only 10 strikes in 22 pitches. Manny Acosta was again outstanding for the Herd, he's now gone 8 innings in AAA without walking a single batter.
- 3B Matt Tuiasosopo: 1-4, K
- 2B Josh Satin: 0-4, K, R
- C Lucas May: 0-3
- 1B Valentino Pascucci: 1-3, BB, 2 K
- SS Ronny Cedeno: 1-4
- CF Matt Den Dekker: 1-4, K
- OF Fred Lewis: 0-3, BB, 2 K
- OF Corey Wimberly: 0-4, 3 K
- RHP Jenrry Mejia: 0.1 IP, 2 H, 1 ER, 1 K, 1 BB
- RHP Manny Acosta: 2.2 IP, 0 H, 4 K, 0 BB
- LHP Garrett Olson: 2.1 IP, 7 H, 4 ER, 3 K, 2 BB, HR
- RHP Jeff Stevens: 2.2 IP, 2 H, ER, 2 K, BB
- ROSTER UPDATE - Bingo starter Collin McHugh was finally promoted to Triple-A Buffalo after posting a 2.41 ERA over 12 starts with the B-Mets. The soon-to-be 25-yr old McHugh continues his quietly impressive ascent through the system, posting a career 2.68 ERA with an 8.8 K/9 in 28 Double-A starts. While he may not possess the upside of a Wheeler or Harvey, McHugh's ability to command an excellent five-pitch mix as well as a strong pitching IQ gives him every chance to be successful in a big league role.
AA - Binghamton Mets (31-34)_____________________________________
ALTOONA 15, BINGHAMTON 6 (Box)
This one was ugly. The B-Mets pitching allowed 20 hits and the defense committed 4 errors, the combination of those two things led to a very cooked number being shown on the scoreboard. Reese Havens had a nice game at the plate though, so there's that.
- LF Juan Lagares: 1-5, K, R
- 3B Jefry Marte: 1-1
- LF Pedro Zapata: 2-4, K, RBI, R
- C Kai Gronauer: 1-4, R, SB
- 3B Eric Campbell: 1-4, BB, RBI, R
- 2B Reese Havens: 1-3, 2B, 2 BB, RBI
- SS Rylan Sandoval: 0-4, BB
- OF Joe Bonfe: 0-1, K
- LHP Robert Carson: 0.1 IP, 6 H, 5 ER, K, BB
- RHP Gregory Peavey; 5 IP, 8 H, 4 ER, K, 2 BB, 2 HR
- RHP Edgar Ramirez: 0.2 IP, H
- ROSTER UPDATE - In order to replace McHugh, it is expected that St. Lucie's Cory Mazzoni will get the bump up to Double-A, making his first start on Tuesday. In 12 starts in Hi-A the 2011 second rounder has posted a solid 3.25 ERA, though the 6.8 K/9 could use some work.
Hi-A St. Lucie Mets (0-0)________________________________________
St. Lucie had Sunday off as they prepare for the second half season. As first half division winners, St. Lucie will be guaranteed a place in the FSL playoffs this fall.
Lo-A Savannah Sand Gnats (41-26)__________________________________
SAVANNAH 5, ROME 2 (Box)
.Marco Camarena wasn't overpowering, but the Braves couldn't seem to get hits to drop in for them against him yesterday. Cam Maron and Travis Taijeron led the way for the offense in this one, both reaching base three times en route to the win.
- C Cam Maron: 2-4, BB, K, RBI, R
- CF Travis Taijeron: 2-4, BB, HR, 2 RBI, R
- 3B Aderlin Rodriguez: 1-4, K, 2B
- 2B T.J. Rivera: 1-5, K, RBI
- 1B Brian Harrison: 0-4, K
- 3B Dustin Lawley: 1-5, 2B, RBI, R
- RHP Jeffrey Walters: IP, 2 H
- RHP Marcos Camarena: 6 IP, 2 H, R (0 ER), K
★ Star of the Night ★