The only guy in the Mets organization that through a no-hitter last night. (Photo by Mike Stobe/Getty Images)
*All results from games played on Friday, June 1st
You guys, I'm not real coherent right now, but let's do this!
AAA - Buffalo Bisons (31-24)_______________________________________
TOLEDO 5, BUFFALO 2 (Box)
Jeurys Familia delivered his second six inning outing of the season and pitched fairly well, but didn't throw a no-hitter. In the sixth, Familia surrendered an opposite field home run to AAAA masher Brad Eldred to put the Mud Hens up 3-2, and Toledo added a couple insurance runs on the Bisons pen.
- 1B Josh Satin: 2-4, HR (3), 2 R, RBI, K; #HAILSATIN
- 2B Brad Emaus: 0-4, K
- RHP Jeurys Familia: L, 6 IP, 3 ER, 6 H, 1 BB, 4 K, 1 HR; The Toledo announce team must have pronounced Jeurys at least five different ways in the first three innings.
AA - Binghamton Mets (25-27)_____________________________________
AKRON 10, BINGHAMTON 2 (Box)
Gonzalez Germen struck out 9 in 5 innings of work, yet still let in 6 runs. He didn't throw a no-hitter. Brandon Moore made his season debut after serving a 50 game suspension for testing positive for a drug of abuse in the offseason. He struggled, walking the first three batters he faced. Reese Havens hit a solo home run. That's good. The rest of the B-Mets offense was not so good.
- LF Juan Lagares: 0-3, K
- CF Matt Den Dekker: 0-4, 3 K; Oof.
- 3B Jefry Marte: 0-4; Slumping after I say a lot of nice things about him. Standard.
- 2B Reese Havens: 1-3, HR (2), R, RBI, E (3)
- RHP Gonzalez Germen: L, 5 IP, 4 ER, 6 R, 4 H, 1 BB, 9 K, 1 HR, WP, HBP; Gonzalez has a 29:8 K:BB ratio and a 5.00 ERA in AA. Weird.
- RHP Armando Rodriguez: 1 IP, 1 ER, 1 H, 0 BB, 1 K, 1 HR
Hi-A St. Lucie Mets (41-11)________________________________________
St. Lucie and Tampa were rained out. Game will be made up as part of a doubleheader today, during which, the Mets can clinch the first half title. Crazy.
Lo-A Savannah Sand Gnats (32-22)__________________________________
SAVANNAH 2, GREENSBORO 0 (Box)
Rafael Montero pitched great. Not no-hitter great, though. Cam Maron seems to be coming around lately, he's hitting .308 over his last ten games with his usual Tholeish secondary skills. He was most of the offense for the Sand Gnats as they get back to 10 over .500.
- C Cam Maron: 3-4, RBI
- 3B Aderlin Rodriguez: 0-3
- DH Travis Taijeron: 0-3, RBI
- CF Gilbert Gomez: 0-3
- RHP Rafael Montero: W, 8 IP, 0 ER, 4 H, 0 BB, 6 K; Sorry Rafael, this was only the second best pitching performance in the org last night.
★ Star of the Night ★