*All results from games played on Wednesday July 11th, 2012
AAA - Buffalo Bisons (46-45)_______________________________________
PCL ALL-STARS 3 , IL ALL-STARS 0 (Box)
Relatively uneventful game so I'll just provide some random video from the festivities:
To their credit the Bisons managed to get some dude named Tom freakin' Seaver to throw out the first pitch. SPOILER ALERT: He really likes the ol' "on the mound-off the mound" bit.
- DH Val Pascucci: 1-1, 2B, 3 BB (.229/.370/.411)
- RHP Matt Harvey: 2 IP, 0 ER, 0 H, 0 BB, 2 K (7-4, 3.39, 98.1 IP, 87 H, 42 BB, 102 K, 7 HR); Only pitcher in the game to go two innings
- RHP Fernando Cabrera: 0.1 IP, 1 K (2-3, 3.46, 41.2 IP, 39 H, 20 BB, 34 K, 6 HR)
AA - Binghamton Mets (41-47)_____________________________________
EL West , EL East (Box)
From the B-Mets last night:
"Binghamton Mets infielder Eric Campbell singled in the game-winning run in the bottom of the ninth inning to lead the Eastern Division past the Western Division by a 5-4 score in the Eastern League All-Star Game at FirstEnergy Stadium on Thursday night. Campbell, enjoying his professional All-Star Game, went 2-for-3 and was named Most Valuable Player."
- PH-3B Jefry Marte: 1-1, RBI (.260/.333/.384) Batting .148 so far in July
- PH-1B Eric Campbell: 2-3, 2B, RBI, R, GIDP (.328/.432/.487) Too bad he doesn't have a position
- RHP Armando Rodriguez: 1 IP, 0 ER, 0 H, 1 BB, 2 K (2-0, 2.79, 48.1 IP, 38 H, 11 BB, 50 K, 7 HR)
POSTPONED - Rain
Lo-A - Savannah Sand Gnats (7-12)__________________________________
SAVANNAH 5, DELMARVA 3 (Box)
Another nice game for Gnats starter Jacob DeGrom. The 24-yr old righty is utilizing a nice blend of power stuff -- namely a mid-90's sinker -- and spot on command to hold SAL hitters to a .236 opponent average. On the offensive side, big day for 2011 14th rounder Xorge Carrillo who knocked his first homer of the season in this one. PS - the
immortal rehabbing Endy Chavez was 1-for-4 with a run and and RBI for Delmarva in this one.
3B Aderlin Rodriguez: 0-4, R, K (.274/.336/.497); Breaks a nice ten-game hitting streak
C Camden Maron: 1-4 (.296/.369/.403)
CF Gilbert Gomez: 0-3, BB, 2 K (.250/.327/.303)
SS Matthew Reynolds: 1-4, RBI
RHP Jacob DeGrom: 5 IP, 1 ER, (1 unearned), 2 H, 2 BB, 5 K, 1 HB (4-3, 2.57, 63 IP, 57 H, 9 BB, 51 K, 3 HR); Gotta love that K:BB rate
Oh and if you're wondering why ZeErika McQueen isn't named in said tournament, well that's because the best name in the Mets farm system has retired, as of last week.
- CF Brandon Nimmo:0-4, 3 K (.195/.364/.325); Now batting .138 against lefties with ten strikeouts in 29 at bats
- SS Philip Evans: 1-4 (.227/.320/.375); 2 for his last 20
- C Kevin Plawecki: 1-4, K (.220/.361/.340)
- RHP Julian Hilario: 6 IP, 1 ER, 6 H, 0 BB, 5 K (0-1, 2.61, 20.2 IP, 24 H, 19 K, 4 BB, 0 HR); Nice 10:1 ground-to-fly rate
- RHP Matthew Koch: 1.2 IP, 0 ER, 1 H, 0 BB, 3 K
Short Season A - Brooklyn Cyclones (14-9)__________________________________
BROOKLYN 0, CONNECTICUT 1 (Box)
Tigers 21-yr old Taiwanese international signee Hua-Wei Lo made his NYPL debut in this one and looked good, holding the Cyclones bats to just three hits as they were shut out for the first time this season. Rough break for Brooklyn starter Julian Hilario who spun another very solid performance for naught.
Appalachian League (R) - Kingsport Mets (4-16)__________________________________
Postponed - Rain
★ Star of the Night ★
Well, Campbell already got a shiny new MVP award...so let's go with Xorge Carrillo, who played the dual roles of catcher and hero for the Gnats on this fine evening. Plus his game actually counted. Carrillo knocked his first homer of the year in this game and drove in three on the whole. Yeah, he has a .267 OBP for the year, so what? He's got a kickass name dammit.
Goat of the Night
That'd be the Nimmo off a rough 0-for-4 with 3 K's