*All results from games played on Monday July 2nd, 2012
AAA - Buffalo Bisons (41-44)_______________________________________
DURHAM 3, BUFFALO 2 (Box)
Wally Backman said they were going to run on Chris Archer, and run they did. Jordany Valdespin had 4 stolen bases, and Fred Lewis chipped in with another. The Herd runners also got caught stealing twice and had a runner picked off at 2nd. All the running still wasn't enough for the win, as the Herd fell 3 games below .500 on the season.
- 2B Jordany Valdespin: 1-3, K, R, 4SB!!!!!!!!!!!! - that's not a typo
- CF Matt Den Dekker: 0-4, 3 K
- 1B Josh Satin: 0-3, 2 K, BB
- C Rob Johnson: 0-4, K, CS
- 1B Valentino Pascucci: 1-3, K, BB
- LHP Josh Edgin: 2 IP, H
- RHP Manny Acosta: 2 IP, K, BB
- LHP Garrett Olson: 5 IP, 6 H, 3 ER, 3 K, BB
AA - Binghamton Mets (36-45)_____________________________________
ALTOONA 6, BINGHAMTON 2 (Box)
Four errors and three unearned runs didn't help the Mets offense last night. Gonzalez German pitched well enough for the Mets to hang around, but the offense just never strung enough hits together to do any real damage. The B-Mets have now lost 7 straight overall and 9 in a row at home.
- CF Juan Lagares: 2-4, BB, RBI
- 1B Jefry Marte: 0-5
- 2B Reese Havens: 0-4, BB, 3 K
- 3B Wilmer Flores: 2-4, 2B, K, RBI
- LF Eric Campbell: 2-4, 2B, K, R
- RHP Gonzalez German: 7 IP, 8 H, 5 R (3 ER), 6 K, 2 BB, HR
Hi-A - St. Lucie Mets (5-7)________________________________________
ST. LUCIE 5, FT. MYERS 2 (Box)
The Mets were trailing this one 2-1 going into the 5th, but the offense came alive for a 3 run inning to put them ahead for good. All in all it was a good night for the Mets as they pounded out a dozen hits and got an impressive start from Tyler Pill. Alonso Harris led the way at the plate with a 4-5 night.
- RF Cesar Puello: 0-4, K
- RF Cory Vaughn: 2-4, 3B, RBI, R
- CF Alonzo Harris: 4-5, 2B, RBI, R
- 1B Richard Lucas: 2-4, 2B, K, R
- C Blake Forsythe: 2-4, 2B, 2 RBI
- 3B Robbie Shields: 0-4, K
- RHP Tyler Pill: 6 IP, 4 H, 2 R (ER), 7 K, BB
- LHP Adam Kolarek: 1 IP, H, K, BB
Lo-A - Savannah Sand Gnats (4-8)__________________________________
SAVANNAH 6, AUGUSTA 3 (Box)
.AUGUSTA 5, SAVANNAH 4 (Box)
It's usually not massively disappointing when you split a double header, but today it really was. The Gnats had a 4 run lead entering the final inning of a potential double dipper sweep, but Randy Fontanez and Chasen Bradford couldn't hold on for the final 3 outs.
- C Cam Maron: 2-3, 2B, K, RBI, R
- 1B/3B Aderlin Rodriguez: 1-4, K, RBI, R / 2-4, HR, K, 3 RBI, R
- CF Gilbert Gomez: 2-4, K, R / 1-4, 2B, K
- 1B Brian Harrison: 1-4, K
- 3B/LF Dustin Lawley: 2-4, 2B, K, 2 RBI, R / 1-4, K, R
- DH/C Albert Cordero: 1-3, K / 1-3, R
- 2B Brandon Brown: 1-3, BB, K, R
- RHP Domingo Tapia: 5.2 IP, 2 H, 0 ER, 4 K, 0 BB
- RHP Marcos Camarena: 4.1 IP, 5 H, 3 ER, 3 K, 2 BB, HR
- CF Brandon Nimmo: 1-5, 3 K, RBI
- 1B Jayce Boyd: 3-5, 3B, 2 2B, 2 RBI, R
- SS Philip Evans: 2-6
- C Kevin Plawecki: 1-3, HR, BB, RBI, 2 R
- 1B Cole Frenzel: 2-6, 2B, R
- 2B Juan Carlos Gamboa: 1-4, K, 2 BB
- 3B Dimas Ponce: 0-5, K, BB
- RHP Luis Cessa: 4 IP, 3 H, 2 ER, 4 K, 3 BB
- LHP John Mincone: 3 IP, 0 ER, 2 H, 4 K, BB
Short Season A - Brooklyn Cyclones (11-4)__________________________________
BROOKLYN 7, HUDSON VALLEY 6 (Box)
This one took extra innings to decide, but as usual, the 'clones came out on top. Jayce Boyd had the winning sac fly in his professional debut after being drafted out of FSU, and boy was it a debut to remember. Props go out to John Micone for going 3 strong innings last night.
Appalachian League (R) - Kingsport Mets (4-10)__________________________________
KINGSPORT 5, GREENEVILLE 4 (Box)
Nice to see Steven Matz making another appearance, even if it was a short one. It's also kind of nice to see Kingsport bounce back from the thumping they received 2 days ago.
★ Star of the Night ★
Alonso Harris had himself a 4-5 night with an extra base hit mixed in as well. That will usually earn you the star of the night. Unfortunately for him, Jordany Valdespin became just the 3rd Bison to ever swipe 4 bags in a game. Hold on though, as Jayce Boyd just went off in his professional debut. I gues I'll give you a poll and leave this one up to you guys...
Goat of the Night
Matt Den Dekker has been known to do this type of thing, but an 0-4 night with a trio of strikeouts will get you horns nearly every time.