Jason Bay, Mets savior
This really should have been up last night, but due to reasons, it's been postponed to today. Like last week, this is the best Amazin' Avenue had to offer in the past week, including the best work from the community in the FanPosts and FanShots. It's a good way to cheer up a bit after a Mets loss, I suppose.
- New York Mets Daily Farm System Report- 8/20/12: P-P-P-Plawecki P-P-P-Power!: I have to admit, I'm mostly including this one because Kevin Plawecki went to my high school. I didn't know him, but it's still cool to me.
- Mets Game Blacked Out As PIX11 And Cablevision Continue Dispute, Plus Alternative Solutions To Catch The Game: Might be a good idea to bookmark this one for the next time something like this happens.
- Jason Bay Is Back, Will Carry Mets To Playoffs: Just some brilliant, brilliant trolling that I really enjoyed.
- This Week In SNY, Featuring Keith Hernandez's New Scorecard, Kevin Burkhardt's Australian Friend, And SNY Mistakes Galore: The first one here made me laugh for about five minutes.
- Andres Torres Might Be Pretty Good: Eric puts himself in grave danger of a Twitter block by contradicting Jon Heyman.
- R.A. Dickey, 'Citi Field Kids' Program Teach About Life, Baseball: Once again, R.A. Dickey The Best.
FanPost of the Week: There were a few good ones this week, but I went with "Johan Santana, Closer" by Dan Lewis. It's definitely outside-the-box thinking, and though I don't know if I think it would work, it's worth a discussion.
FanShot of the Week: We have a two-way tie here this week. I really liked "Gary Carter, Language Pioneer" from James Kannengieser, so if you haven't seen it yet, take a look. But since he's on the masthead, I'm also including "LOLMets" from santana9237, because LOLMets.