Good morning, friends. Once again, it's time to take a look at some of the best material from Amazin' Avenue's overflowing coffers of baseball wisdom and snark from the past week. We'll have plenty of front page stuff, then also the best user-submitted content in our FanPosts and FanShots. Maybe yours was picked!
*Disclaimer: it probably wasn't.
- R.A. Dickey Records 200th Strikeout Of The Season, by Chris McShane. NEVER FORGET.
- Mets Sign Triple-A Affiliate Pact With Las Vegas 51s, by Eric Simon.
- Possible Ike Davis Trade Fits, by Eno Sarris. I vote for "nowhere," but hey, I'm not Sandy Alderson.
- Do The Mets Miss Fernando Martinez?, by Rob Castellano.
- Root For Run Differential? No Thanks, by Chris McShane. "Get out of your mom's basement, NER-wait, what? Oh okay, carry on."
- Night Cap: Harvey Impresses, Offense Depresses, Howard Edges Edgin, by Matthew Callan. Matt Harvey is awesome. The rest is less fun, but just think about Matt Harvey some more and it'll all be better.
- Night Cap: R.A. Dickey Pitches Gem, Bullpen Nearly Blows It, But Mets Win, by Chris McShane. Dickey The Best.
FanPost of the Week: David Wright Meets the Mets at the Same Crossroads, by GenJackRipper. An analysis of the whole "David Wright might leave AHHHHHHHHHH" situation.
FanShot of the Week: This image from Bobby Baseball is maybe the best thing I've seen this week anywhere, not just here.