*All results from games played on Monday April 29, 2013
AAA - Las Vegas 51's (11-12)_______________________________________
LAS VEGAS 9, RENO 5 (Box)
The 51's managed to snap a 5-game losing streak with the help of a 5-run 4th inning on Monday. Recently acquired D.J. Mitchell managed to spread out 4 hits and 3 walks over his 5 1/3 innings of work, and despite a 3-run rally in the 8th, the gap was too large for the Aces to overcome.
- 2B Wilmer Flores: 2-4, 2B, 2 RBI
- CF Kirk Nieuwenhuis: 1-5, 3B, BB, RBI
- 3B Zach Lutz: 2-4, 2B, BB, 2 R
- 1B Josh Satin: 0-3, 2 BB
- RF Andrew Brown: 2-5, 2B, 3B, 2 K, 2 RBI, 2 R
- RHP D.J. Mitchell: 5.1 IP, 4 H, ER, 3 K, 3 BB
- RHP Greg Peavey: 1.1 IP, 5 H, 3 ER
AA - Binghamton Mets (13-11)_____________________________________
BINGHAMTON 4, ERIE 3 (Box)
Cesar Puello hit a 2-run double to give Binghamton the win on Monday, as the Mets scored all 4 of their runs in the 8th inning of their 4-3 victory. Erik Goeddel struggled at the plate, but the Mets got 4 innings of scoreless relief from their bullpen to keep the game in reach. With his 2 hits on the night, Allan Dykstra has extended his hitting streak to 10 games.
- SS Wilfredo Tovar: 1-3
- 1B Allan Dykstra: 2-3, 2 2B, BB, RBI, R
- DH Darrell Ceciliani: 1-4, K, R
- LF Cory Vaughn: 0-2
- RF Cesar Puello: 1-4, 2B, K, 2 RBI
- CF Alonzo Harris: 0-4, 2 K, R
- RHP Erik Goeddel: 5 IP, 8 H, 3 ER, 6 K, 3 BB, HR
- LHP Josh Edgin: 2 IP, 2 H, 3 K
- RHP Jeff Walters: IP, K
Hi-A - St. Lucie Mets (16-8)________________________________________
ST. LUCIE 7, TAMPA 1 (Box)
St. Lucie got rolling early with runs in each of the first 3 innings, and put the game to bed when Rylan Sandoval hit a grand slam in the 7th to make it a 7-0 game. Robert Gsellman pitched fairly well in his first outing for St. Lucie this season, and Pedro Feliciano made another rehab appearance as well.
- 3B Aderlin Rodriguez: 0-5
- 1B Rylan Sandoval: 3-5, HR, 5 RBI, R
- SS Matt Reynolds: 2-4, BB, 2 K, RBI
- CF Gilbert Gomez: 1-4, K, R
- RHP Robert Gsellman: 4 IP, 0 ER, 2 H, 2 K, 2 BB
- LHP Pedro Feliciano: IP, H, K
Lo-A - Savannah Sand Gnats (15-9)__________________________________
WEST VIRGINIA 10, SAVANNAH 1 (Box)
Not much went right for the Gnats on Monday. Starter Luis Cessa gave up 11 hits in his 4 2/3 innings of work, and the offense went cold and managed only 5 hits of their own. One of those hits went to Kevin Plawecki though, who also walked to raise his OBP to .455 for the season. The player selected with the Jose Reyes compensatory selection now has his OPS up to 1.122 through the first 23 games, and certainly looks like a prospect on the rise.
- CF Brandon Nimmo: 0-4, K
- C Kevin Plawecki: 1-3, BB, K
- SS Phillip Evans: 0-3, 2 K
- 1B Jayce Boyd: 1-3, BB
- RHP Luis Cessa: 4.2 IP, 11 H, 5 ER, 6 K, 0 BB, HR
Star of the Night
Rylan Sandoval had a big night at the plate in Tampa, going 3-5 with a grand slam that more or less ended that game. He drove in 5 of the 7 St. Lucie runs as they improved to 16-8 on the season.
Goat of the Night
It might be time for Phillip Evans to just start storing a set of horns in his locker. His 0-3, 2 K night dropped his batting average to just .175, and he's only managed 4 hits in his last 10 games. For a kid that we went over slot to sign just about 2 years ago, he looks absolutely awful.