*All results from games played on Friday, May 10th, 2013*
AAA - Las Vegas 51s (16-17)__________________________________
ROUND ROCK 12, LAS VEGAS 6 (Box)
It's nice to see that the potential for a LOLpen meltdown extends down to our Pacific Coast League heroes as well. After DJ Mitchell pitched 4.1 unspectacular innings, the bullpen decided to pour aftershave and kerosene on embers that were just about to be quashed. The final carnage: 4.2 IP, 13 H, 6 ER, 2 BB, 4 K. And for what it is worth, this game was an 8-6 affair until Justin Hampson pitched an ugly ninth to consign the 51 bats to a six-run deficit. On the bright side, Kirk Nieuwenhuis and Eric Campbell had three hits apiece, including Campbell's third home run of the season.
- CF Collin Cowgill: 0-5, 3 K
- RF Kirk Nieuwenhuis: 3-5, R, K
- 1B Josh Satin: 0-3, R, 2 BB, K
- LF Zach Lutz: 2-4, 2B, R, RBI
- 2B Wilmer Flores: 1-3, RBI, K
- PH/DH Reese Havens: 0-1, K
- 3B Eric Campbell: 3-4, R, 3 RBI, HR (3)
- RHP D.J. Mitchell: 4.1 IP, 7 H, 6 ER, 4 BB, K
AA - Binghamton Mets (18-17)_____________________________________
HARRISBURG 4, BINGHAMTON 8 (F/7: Box)
B-Mets hit early and often! After falling being 1-0 on an Anthony Rendon double, the Mets erased the deficit within the first two batters as Darrell Ceciliani singled, and Danny Muno drove a two-run home run into the left field advertising space. Allan Dykstra added a home run of his own in the second (of the two-run variety) as Bingo batted around during the five-run frame and took an 8-1 lead into the third, knocking out Senator starter Caleb Clay. Erik Goeddel wasn't spectacular, but he pitched five innings and missed six bats. Jack Leathersich got two outs in the top of the seventh before upstate NY rains chased the teams away from the NYSEG Stadium field.
- LF Alonzo Harris: 0-2, R, BB
- CF Darrell Ceciliani: 3-3, 3B, 2 R, 2 RBI, BB
- RF Cesar Puello: 0-3, K;
- 2B Danny Muno: 1-3, R, RBI, BB, K, HR (1)
- 1B Allan Dykstra: 2-3, R, 2 RBI, HR (2)
- SS Wilfredo Tovar: 1-3, R
- RHP Erik Goeddel: 5 IP, 6 H, 4 ER, 3 BB, 6 K, WP
Hi-A - St. Lucie Mets (22-12)________________________________________
PALM BEACH 7, ST. LUCIE 3 (Box)
Angel Cuan pitched six plus solid innings before yet another LOLpen ensued in the system last night. The carnage went as such: 3 IP, 7 H, 4 ER, K, HR. Although most of the blame applies to Randy Fontanez for such an abysmal showing. Dustin Lawley went yard for his seventh home run of the year and had three of the S-Mets five hits on a night in which they walked once and struck out eleven times. Welp.
- SS Matt Reynolds: 0-4, K
- 3B Aderlin Rodriguez: 1-4, RBI
- LF Dustin Lawley: 3-4, 3B, 2 R, 2 RBI, HR (7)
- RF Travis Taijeron: 0-4, 4 K;
- C Cam Maron: 0-3
- CF Gilbert Gomez: 1-2, R, BB, K
- LHP Angel Cuan: 6 IP, 6 H, 3 R (2 ER), HR
Lo-A - Savannah Sand Gnats (20-12)__________________________________
ROME 3, SAVANNAH 2 (Box)
Rainy Lara was good! Beck Wheeler wasn't awful (but still saddled with the loss)! Phil Evans made another error! I'm not too annoyed by this loss!
- CF Eudy Pina: 1-4, BB, K
- 1B Jayce Boyd: 1-2, 2B, R, RBI, 2 BB
- C Kevin Plawecki: 1-4, 2B, RBI; What a hack, he dipped below .400 TRAID
- RF Maikis De La Cruz: 1-3, BB
- SS Phillip Evans: 1-4, 2B, 2 K, E (11)
- RHP Rainy Lara: 7 IP, 5 H, 2 R (1 ER), 8 K; (38 IP, 30 H, 9 R, 6 ER, 4 BB, 38 K, 1 HR)
Star of the Night
Rainy Lara makes me happy. As did Dustin Lawley and Darrell Ceciliani last night.
Goat of the Night
Randy Fontanez and Justin Hampson for making LOLpen issues seem systemic. Travis Taijeron, who rocked the golden sombrero last night. And Phil Evans, who for someone the Mets went overslot back in 2011, really needs to get his game going.