*All results from games played on Saturday, May 11th, 2013*
AAA - Las Vegas 51s (17-17)__________________________________
ALBUQUERQUE 3, LAS VEGAS 4 (Box)
Zack Wheeler pitched 7.1 solid innings and was in line for the win until Justin Hampson blew the save in the ninth. However, the 51s bailed him out as former Brave Peter Moylan walked three in the bottom of the frame including a bases-loaded walk to Reese Havens that forced in Zach Lutz for the walk-off victory last night at Cashman Field. Vegas only had four hits last night, but two were long balls from Wilmer Flores and Eric Campbell, and they walked eight times last night including the game-winning patience from Havens. Huzzah, PCL heroes, huzzah!
- LF Collin Cowgill: 1-4
- CF Kirk Nieuwenhuis: 0-4
- 1B Josh Satin: 0-3, R, BB, 2 K
- 3B Zach Lutz: 1-4. R. 2 K
- 2B Wilmer Flores: 1-3, R, 2 RBI, BB, K, HR (3)
- PH Reese Havens: 0-0, RBI, BB
- 3B Eric Campbell: 1-3, R, RBI, BB, HR (4)
- RHP Zack Wheeler: 7.1 IP, 6 H, 2 ER, 1 BB, 7 K. HR; 61 strikes on 99 pitches, 7:2 GO/FO
AA - Binghamton Mets (18-17)_____________________________________
Hi-A - St. Lucie Mets (22-12)________________________________________
Lo-A - Savannah Sand Gnats (21-12)__________________________________
ROME 2, SAVANNAH 3 (Box)
Jayce Boyd's solo shot in the sixth gave the Sand Gnats a 3-1 lead, and propelled them to an eventual 3-2 victory last night at Grayson Field. Robert Gsellman threw 5.1 solid innings in his Savannah debut (after some spot starts in St. Lucie), not allowing a runner to reach third in his first five innings. Oh and Kevin Plawecki another double; just another day at the office for Mr. Kevin.
- CF Eudy Pina: 1-4, R
- 1B Jayce Boyd: 2-4, R, RBI, HR (3)
- DH Kevin Plawecki: 1-3, 2B, R, K
- RF Maikis De La Cruz: 1-3, RBI
- SS Phillip Evans: 0-3, 2 K
- RHP Robert Gsellman: 5.1 IP, 4 H, 1 ER, 2 BB, 2 K
Star of the Night
Zach Wheeler gets some love. As does Mr. Jayce Boyd for his performance.
Goat of the Night
Phil Evans if only because there are so few people to pick on tonight. Also, the rain for ruining baseball in St. Lucie and Binghamton.