*All results from games played on Monday, May 26th, 2014
Triple-A - Las Vegas 51's (32-19)_______________________________________
SACRAMENTO 5, LAS VEGAS 9 (Box)
- OF Cesar Puello: DNP; I realize these comments will seem dated if it's revealed in the next day or so that Puello has had a lingering injury all season but, barring that, the organization's refusal to play Puello everyday, or at least most days, is ridiculous. This is an organization desperate for hitting and yet they refuse to give full effort to developing one of their most promising hitting prospects. Instead, they prioritize at-bats for known quad-A players (if that). Puello hasn't started since last Thursday, and I'm struggling to come up with a feasible excuse for why they won't play him most days. I've reached my breaking point in this regard.
- 1B Josh Satin: 1-4, R, 2B, BB, K
- DH Allan Dykstra: 0-4, K
- RF Andrew Brown: 1-3, 2 R, HR, 2 RBI, BB
- CF Kirk Nieuwenhuis: 1-4, R, HR, 3 RBI, 2 K
- 3B Zach Lutz: 1-3, BB
- LF Brandon Allen: 2-4, K
- SS Daniel Muno: 0-4, R, BB, K
- RHP Greg Peavey: 4.1 IP, 7 H, 6 R, 6 ER, 5 BB, 3 K; The transition to triple-A is not going smoothly.
Double-A - Binghamton Mets (28-21)_____________________________________
NEW BRITAIN 0, BINGHAMTON 5 (Box)
- LF Kyle Johnson: 0-1, R, RBI, 2 BB
- REHAB ALERT: Travis d'Arnaud: 0-4
- IF Matt Reynolds: dnp
- C Kevin Plawecki: 2-4, R, 2B, K; With a .381/.422/.714 slash over his last ten games, Plawecki may be figuring out double-A. He's now up to .336/.371/.507 on the season, which is really fun. I would like to see him sustain this level of production for another month, while also working on his ability to draw a walk, before I start pounding the table for a promotion.
- 1B Matt Clark: 1-4, RBI, K
- IF Jayce Boyd: dnp
- SS Wilfredo Tovar: 1-3, R, 2B
- 3B Dustin Lawley: 1-3, R, HR, 2 RBI, K
- LHP Darin Gorski: 9 IP, 2 H, 0 R, BB, 6 K; What an outing by Gorski. He lowered his ERA to 2.22, which would be good for fourth in the Eastern League among qualified starters. As we've said before, he's really good at double-A baseball, but he lacks the velocity to be considered a legitimate prospect.
Advanced-A - St. Lucie Mets (30-20)________________________________________
NO GAME (SCHEDULE)
Low-A - Savannah Sand Gnats (34-15)__________________________________
SAVANNAH 2, Augusta 0 (Box)
Here's the big Savannah news of the day:
Good news/bad news: Champ Stuart placed on the @gnatsbaseball DL, but Amed Rosario was promoted to take his spot on the roster— Toby Hyde (@tobyhyde) May 27, 2014
I'm excited that Rosario has forced his way to Savannah. I'm less excited about Rosario not spending the summer in Brooklyn, mostly because I, selfishly, wanted to see him play there.
- CF Patrick Biondi: 0-4, 2 K
- SS Gavin Cecchini: 0-4
- OF Champ Stuart: dnp
- 3B Jeff McNeil: 2-3, 2 R, BB
- DH L.J. Mazzilli: 1-4, 3B, RBI
- 1B Dom Smith: 1-3
- RF Victor Cruzado: 1-3
- 2B Jorge Rivero: 1-2, 2B, RBI, BB
- RHP Kevin McGowan: 7 IP, 3 H, 0 R, BB, 2 K
Star of the Night
Goat of the Night
Whoever is responsible for Puello not playing everyday.