The Mets Express sputtered into the home station.
Game 1: Orioles 6, Mets 3
Alay Soler's line from Game 1:
IP H R ER BB SO HR PC-ST GS 6.0 4 2 1 2 4 0 101-66 60Another good start for Soler, another crummy relief appearance by Heilman.
- Hitting: Jose Reyes, 28.2% WPA
- Pitching: Alay Soler, 13.4% WPA
- Hitting: Lastings Milledge, -12.5% WPA
- Pitching: Aaron Heilman, -54.4% WPA
Game 2: Orioles 4, Mets 2
Pedro Martinez's line from Game 2:
IP H R ER BB SO HR PC-ST GS 7.0 8 4 3 1 5 1 106-73 51Not great, but not awful, either. The biggest problem in this game was the Mets' lineup's inability to plate some runs against Kris Benson. They had runners on base in each of the first four innings and managed just the two runs in the first.
- Hitting: Lastings Milledge, 10.2% WPA
- Pitching: Pedro Feliciano, 3.1% WPA
- Hitting: Carlos Beltran, -15.7% WPA
- Pitching: Pedro Martinez, -9.5% WPA
Game 3: Mets 9, Orioles 4
Tom Glavine's line from Game 3:
IP H R ER BB SO HR PC-ST GS 6.0 9 4 4 0 6 0 103-68 44Another so-so start from Glavine, though it's at least encouraging that he didn't allow any homers or walks; just a few too many hits on this sweltering Sunday afternoon.
- Hitting: David Wright, 42.8% WPA
- Pitching: Chad Bradford, 13.2% WPA
- Hitting: Lastings Milledge, -6.0% WPA
- Pitching: Tom Glavine, -6.2% WPA