The Mets got their clocks cleaned up in Beantown.
Game 1: Red Sox 9, Mets 4
Alay Soler's line from Game 1:
IP H R ER BB SO HR PC-ST GS 4.1 10 8 8 3 0 2 107-56 8Pitiful, and easily the worst start by a Mets pitcher this season.
- Hitting: Carlos Delgado, 8.7% WPA
- Pitching: Heath Bell, 1.0% WPA
- Hitting: Chris Woodward, -13.1% WPA
- Pitching: Alay Soler, -39.2% WPA
Game 2: Red Sox 10, Mets 2
Pedro Martinez's line from Game 2:
IP H R ER BB SO HR PC-ST GS 3.0 7 8 6 2 1 1 75-45 16Quite a homecoming!
Once again, Darren Oliver comes in and does better than the starter that preceeded him:
IP H R ER BB SO HR PC-ST GS 3.0 2 2 1 1 3 0 62-39 49Mr. Met:
- Hitting: Ramon Castro, 1.3% WPA
- Pitching: Darren Oliver, 0.2% WPA
- Hitting: Jose Reyes, -4.4% WPA
- Pitching: Pedro Martinez, -35.4% WPA
Game 3: Red Sox 4, Mets 2
Tom Glavine's line from Game 3:
IP H R ER BB SO HR PC-ST GS 5.0 5 2 2 3 0 1 102-64 46Aaron Heilman gets a bit of the shaft in the WPA department for last night's game. He came on in the sixth inning with runners on first and second and nobody out. He induced three flyball outs that inning which resulted in a run (charged to Glavine). He then allowed a bunt single and a stolen base to Coco Crisp in the 7th, who scored on a sacrifice bunt and another flyball.
- Hitting: Carlos Beltran, 27.7% WPA
- Pitching: Tom Glavine, 0.6% WPA
- Hitting: Lastings Milledge, -13.0% WPA
- Pitching: Aaron Heilman, -8.2% WPA