Game 1: Mets 6, Cubs 3
Steve Trachsel's line from Game 1:
IP H R ER BB SO HR PC-ST GS 6.0 3 2 2 2 1 0 79-49 57A nice start from Trachsel, yet he still managed to walk more batters than he struck out. Anytime you manage to give up one hit every two innings you're probably going to have yourself a good game.
- Hitting: Cliff Floyd, 17.9% WPA
- Pitching: Steve Trachsel, 12.5% WPA
- Hitting: Carlos Delgado, -8.8% WPA
- Pitching: Billy Wagner, 2.1% WPA
Game 2: Cubs 9, Mets 2
Tom Glavine's line from Game 2:
IP H R ER BB SO HR PC-ST GS 5.0 4 3 3 3 3 0 91-54 47Glavine lost for the first time in forever, though he had every opportunity to lose games before Saturday and didn't thanks to enough run support from the Mets' offense.
- Hitting: Jose Valentin, 10.8% WPA
- Pitching: Pedro Feliciano, 2.8% WPA
- Hitting: Paul Lo Duca, -13.2% WPA
- Pitching: Chad Bradford, -35.3% WPA
Game 3: Mets 13, Cubs 7
Orlando Hernandez's line from Game 3:
IP H R ER BB SO HR PC-ST GS 1.2 7 5 5 2 2 1 69-40 21Terrible, and the second time El Duque has been this bad in his last four starts. Once again Darren Oliver came in to save the day, hurling 2.1 innings of scoreless relief to keep the Mets in the game, one in which they would set a franchise record by scoring eleven runs in the sixth inning.
- Hitting: Cliff Floyd, 39.7% WPA
- Pitching: Darren Oliver, 3.9% WPA
- Hitting: Jose Valentin, -4.5% WPA
- Pitching: Orlando Hernandez, -30.3% WPA