- At MetsGeek, Chris McCown looks back at the 1999 offseason deal that brought Mike Hampton to the Mets and send Octavio Dotel and Roger Cedeno to Houston.
- At the Hardball Times, MGL looks at relief pitcher abuse and its effect on following year performances.
- Steve Kettmann, the ghostwriter for Jose Conseco's magnum dope-us Juiced, wrote a letter to the editors of the New York Times, essentially saying, "I told you so".
- The Mariners may be close to signing Carlos Silva to a four-year, $44 million deal. Better them than us. Lookout Landing is nonplussed.
- Steve Keane of the Eddie Kranepool Society prepares to bid a fond farewell to Shea Stadium.
- Roger Clemens denies ever taking HGH or steroids. Also: Roger Clemens thinks we're all cretins.