# of Pages: 144
Publisher: ACTA Sports
Suggested Retail Price: $19.95
=> What's Inside?
Lots of stories about Bill James. If you don't like reading about Bill James, you probably won't enjoy this book. If you appreciate baseball just a little bit more because of Bill James -- and almost all of us do, whether we realize it or not -- then you'll probably appreciate this collection of experiences and anecdotes.
- "Freeing My Mind" by Alan Schwarz
- "Ten Things I Learned from Bill James" by Dave Studenmund
- "The Arrogance of Bill James" by Gary Huckabay
- "Prove It" by John Thorn
- "James, Tenace, McGraw and Kluszewski" by Hal Richman
- "Selling My Soul to Bill James" by Sam Walker
- "Slapping Myself on the Forehead" by Steve Moyer
- "The Collision of Sabermetrics and Fantasy Baseball" by Ron Shandler
- "Baseball, Basketball, Whatever" by Daryl Morey
- "Ready for the Next Question" by Susan McCarthy
- "The Bill James Way of Life" by Rob Neyer
- "Bill James Is Worth the Wait" by John Dewan
- "The Last Word" by Bill James
=> Why Should You Buy It?
Either (a) because you love Bill James and want to know why a bunch of other people do, too, or (b) because you're on the fence about Bill James and want to know what all the fuss is about. Or, possibly (c) that you think Bill James is an overrated hack and would like to know which other baseball visionaries you should avoid reading or mentioning during your ESPN chats or Sunday Night Baseball broadcasts.
It's a fun read which even a casual reader could polish off in an evening, and is a nice companion to James's own writing which should already be liberally sprinkled throughout your baseball library.
=> Where to Buy It?