Idea blatantly stolen from Twinkie Town, but it should make for a fun diversion while we wait for the Twins to shit or get off the pot.
Given the factoids below, name the current or former Met player being implicated.
Who am I?
- I played collegiately at the University of Alabama.
- I set an SEC record and led all NCAA hitters in 1983 with a .525 average.
- I was a career .292/.391/.386 hitter in 701 games with the Mets.
- I walked 99 times more than I struck out as a Met.
- Before coming to the United States I spent 14 years in Japan with the Kintetsu Buffaloes andthe Yakult Swallows, compiling an 88-83 record and a 3.71 ERA
- In my two seasons with the Mets I posted ERA+ marks of 107 and 101.
- I played my final MLB game on 9/11/2002.
- I was a first round pick the same year as Ramon Castro.
- My career OPS is .757.
- I hit .333 in the 2000 World Series.
- I went to college with Jason Varitek.
- Originally a seventh round pick of the Mets, it would be seven years before I collected more than 100 at-bats in a season with the big league club.
- I hit .263/.317/.453 as a 17-year-old in the Gulf Coast League, my first season of pro ball.
- I have a respectable 96 career OPS+.
- My last game was October 1, 2000.