- Daniel Murphy went 1-for-5 with a double, a run scored and an RBI. He also made a fielding error at second.
- Tobi Stoner allowed a run on two hits in two innings of relief.
- Jason Vargas got ruff'd up for five runs on four hits in two innings.
In the Dominican Republic:
- Argenis Reyes went 2-for-5 with a double, an RBI and a run scored.
- Fernando Tatis went 2-for-4 with a double.
At MetsGeek, James Kannengieser takes a look at the plate discipline of the 2008 Mets.
At Beyond the Boxscore, R.J. Anderson has a nice piece on Pedro Martinez, looking at the dominance of his past and the uncertainty of his future.
Also at BtB, Sky Kalkman has completed his positional valuation for 2008 and has distilled it down to the top fifty players at any position. The Mets land two players in the top ten and three in the top twenty.
Nice profile of Nate Silver in the New York Times for his work at FiveThirtyEight.com.
Athletics Nation reacts to the Matt Holliday deal. Purple Row does likewise.
FishStripes reacts to the Scott Olsen/Josh Willingham trade. Fire Jim Bowden does likewise.
Trevor Hoffman is looking less and less likely to return to San Diego next season. I'll say it again: If the Mets are reluctant to hand out a multi-year deal to any of the closers on the free agent market or to pony up the necessary players to trade for one, they could do far worse than signing Hoffman to a one-year deal.