I can't wait to read the inevitable daily reports from Jon Heyman and Ken Rosenthal about how Orlando Hudson would love to play for the Mets. The week's links:
- Why Omar Minaya Failed And What It Means For The Future - The post of the week. Sam compares the processes of Omar and Indians GM Mark Shapiro.
- Mets Winter League Update - Mark updates us on the performances of Ike Davis, Ruben Tejada, Josh Thole, Jenrry Mejia and Eric Niesen.
- Amazin' Avenue Refresh - Eric explains the new SB Nation formatting. Like anything new, it will take some getting used to (remember "new Facebook"?) but give it time and we will learn to love it.
Graphaholic: Mets Manager Winning Percentages - This might make me a bad fan but I'd never heard of "Salty Parker" before this post.
- Sam's 2010 Offseason Plan - Sam's version of the offseason projects to 95+ wins. If only it were that easy.
- Alex Cora Fascination - I wonder how often the topic of intangibles comes up during Mets front office discussions.
- Congratulations, Phillies: Back-To-Back Champtions! - The Mets Fan Nightmare Series ended this week, and judging by an ad in a Philly paper you'd think the Frillies won.
Pitching, Speed And Defense Win Championships, Right? - Much of the Yankeeze success this season was due to an absurdly potent offense. The new
bandboxballpark didn't hurt either.
- Talking With Nelfi Zapata From Instructional League - Sam interviews the young catcher with the awesome name.
- Joe Posnanski On The Yankees' Glut And Baseball's Illusion Of Parity - Eric links to Joe Poz's piece about the Yankees' competitive advantage.
- 2009 Mets Gangsta And Grission Awards - BrooklynDodgersMetsFan gives us the FanPost of the week, as he hands out some Golden Jerry Awards.
- Notes On Baseball America's Top 10 Mets Prospects - Sam provides some insight on the new BA Top 10.