I was at the game, but aside from the Wright homerun there wasn't much baseball to get excited about. So, instead, here are some non-baseball things I remember about tonight.
- Yes, there was a cat on the field. Yes, some fans wanted it to come up into the stands (because it'd be cute?). Yes, it probably had rabies.
- My friend txt-ed me at the last minute to tell me he had an extra ticket to the game. Seeing as he's one of those people who always winds up with great seats, and seeing as he said I didn't have to pay for mine, it seemed like a win-win scenario (this was before the game, of course).
- The seats were great, in case you were wondering. As in, punching distance from Jerry Seinfeld and Matthew Broderick great.
- Early in the game, a hot dog vendor near us knocked his cap off trying to put his hot dog caddy (?) on his head. This must've ortended bad things to come, as he took a spill down the stairs a few innings later.
- The pulled pork sandwich at Blue Smoke is awesome at $9. The hot chocolate at $3 was actually very tasty, albeit scalding to my mouth area.
- The restrooms were plentiful, but still packed to the gills with people. If you get stage fright like I do, head for the far right field corner on the promenade, where there are free stalls aplenty.
- Despite being a brand new stadium and supposedly having sufficient parking, I still wound schlepping from a mile away at the Hall of Science.
- Calorie counts are posted at the basic concession stands (i.e. not the specialty places), so eat up, fatty.
- Citi Field is gorgeous, and it's hard to believe that it's all ours.
Big winners: David Wright, +29.6% WPA, Sean Green, +5.8% WPA
Big losers: Mike Pelfrey, -24.3% WPA, Jose Reyes, -20.7% WPA
Teh aw3s0mest play: Wright three-run bomb, +32.0% WPA
Teh sux0rest play: Scrappy McHustlerson two-run double, -15.5% WPA
Total pitcher WPA: -18.8% WPA
Total batter WPA: -31.2% WPA
Nice job by squid92; his effort in the game thread embiggens us all.
|Num||Name||# of Posts|