- It looked like Heath Bell threw five or six balls to Carlos Delgado at the end there, but I guess they were pretty close.
- John Maine was the story tonight, as he followed up his promising start against the Marlins last week with a dreadful suckfest tonight. To be fair, he really just had that one bad inning in the third, and all of the damage was done on walks and singles. Whether that's something he can hang his hat on remains to be seen, but coughing up a five-spot after your team gave you the lead a couple of innings earlier is pretty brutal.
- I'm actually a little surprised the Mets are only 4-5 at this point. I feel like I've watched enough terrible baseball this season for them to be 0-9, so I guess it's some consolation that they're only a game under .500.
- David Wright has a hit in every game and a .415 on-base percentage but he also has 13 strikeouts and has generally looked overmatched at the plate. Nothing to be concerned about long-term, but it's pretty frustrating to watch in the short-term.
- Jose Reyes is killing this team right now. He has been replacement-equivalent to this point, and when you're getting zero production from the player with the most plate appearances you're going to have a tough time getting rallies going.
- Hey, the bullpen was great tonight, so there's that.
Big winners: Gary Sheffield, +7.0% WPA, Carlos Delgado, +5.2% WPA
Big losers: John Maine, -38.2% WPA, Jose Reyes, -18.0% WPA
Teh aw3s0mest play: Delgado homerun in first, +15.9% WPA
Teh sux0rest play: Headley bases loaded single in third, -19.2% WPA
Total pitcher WPA: -27.5% WPA
Total batter WPA: -22.5% WPA
GWRBI!: Chase Headley
Nice job by zmanmetfan; his effort in the game thread embiggens us all.
|Num||Name||# of Posts|