- Another game, another 13 men left on base by the Mets. They won this time, fortunately, but it's no wonder they've been losing so many close games with so many fellas stranded when the inning turns over.
- Don't be surprised if this is the story for Livan Hernandez all year long: keeps opposing hitters off-balance a time or two through the order, but some combination of fatigue and ineptitude leads to him falling apart in the middle innings.
- Fortunately, the Mets' bullpen was great again, pitching four scoreless innings. Another scoreless frame for J.J. Putz, and another inning without a strikeout. He still has just one punchout in six innings so far.
- Gary Sheffield: first ever curtain call at Citi Field. I've been a fan of the player for a long time and I really do hope he succeeds with the Mets. Fans certainly seem to be embracing him so far, despite his checkered injury/steroid/attitudinal history.
- The Mets lead the National League in bullpen ERA, but they're only tenth in starter ERA.
- For all the talk about David Wright's strikeouts, he walked twice more tonight to bring his season total to eight in just 38 at-bats.
- Johan Santana makes his third start tomorrow against the Brewers, and there are plenty of good seats still available.
For more coverage, check out AshleyMarshall's recap in the FanPosts.
Big winners: Luis Castillo, +31.7% WPA, Carlos Delgado, +24.6% WPA
Big losers: Livan Hernandez, -26.9% WPA, Carlos Beltran, -24.2% WPA
Teh aw3s0mest play: Castillo walkoff infield single in ninth, +36.2% WPA
Teh sux0rest play: Braun three-run homer in sixth, -25.6% WPA
Total pitcher WPA: +9.9% WPA
Total batter WPA: +40.1% WPA
GWRBI!: Luis Castillo
Nice job by zmanmetfan; his effort in the game thread embiggens us all.
|Num||Name||# of Posts|