SB Nation Coverage
* Amazin' Avenue Gamethread
* Brew Crew BallGamethread
- With the win, Johan Santana now has 27 strikeouts and just five walks in 19.2 innings.
- J.J. Putz and Francisco Rodriguez each recorded two strikeouts in the eight and ninth innings, respectively. The Mets took a 1-0 lead in the seventh and their two ace relievers shut things down, just like they drew it up over the Winter.
- Mets pitchers combined to shut down the Brewers, allowing six singles and zero walks while striking out eleven.
- Omir Santos scored the winning run and completed a strike-em-out, throw-em-out double play to end the game in the ninth. Tell Brian Schneider to take his time getting healthy.
- Gary Sheffield started in left and looked far from awful. I don't expect him to bring much range to the table, but he certainly had some idea of how to play out there.
Swag contest results can be found here and the next game's swag form already available. You can read more about the swag contest here.
Win Probability Added
Big winners: Johan Santana, +45.3% WPA, Francisco Rodriguez, +16.8% WPA
Big losers: David Wright, -11.9% WPA, Carlos Delgado, -11.8% WPA
Teh aw3s0mest play: Cora sac bunt plus error in seventh, +14.5% WPA
Teh sux0rest play: Church lineout double-play in sixth, -12.8% WPA
Total pitcher WPA: +74.5% WPA
Total batter WPA: -24.5% WPA
GWRBI!: Jose Reyes
Game Thread Roll Call
Nice job by zmanmetfan; his effort in the game thread embiggens us all.
|Num||Name||# of Posts|