- With the win, Johan Santana now has 27 strikeouts and just five walks in 19.2 innings.
- J.J. Putz and Francisco Rodriguez each recorded two strikeouts in the eight and ninth innings, respectively. The Mets took a 1-0 lead in the seventh and their two ace relievers shut things down, just like they drew it up over the Winter.
- Mets pitchers combined to shut down the Brewers, allowing six singles and zero walks while striking out eleven.
- Omir Santos scored the winning run and completed a strike-em-out, throw-em-out double play to end the game in the ninth. Tell Brian Schneider to take his time getting healthy.
- Gary Sheffield started in left and looked far from awful. I don't expect him to bring much range to the table, but he certainly had some idea of how to play out there.
Big winners: Johan Santana, +45.3% WPA, Francisco Rodriguez, +16.8% WPA
Big losers: David Wright, -11.9% WPA, Carlos Delgado, -11.8% WPA
Teh aw3s0mest play: Cora sac bunt plus error in seventh, +14.5% WPA
Teh sux0rest play: Church lineout double-play in sixth, -12.8% WPA
Total pitcher WPA: +74.5% WPA
Total batter WPA: -24.5% WPA
GWRBI!: Jose Reyes
Nice job by zmanmetfan; his effort in the game thread embiggens us all.
|Num||Name||# of Posts|