- Hanley Ramirez left the game in the first inning, but Jose Reyes managed bupkis in four plate appearances so everyone loses that question on the swag contest. Don't blame me; blame Jose.
- John Maine looked much better tonight than in his prior two starts, though he still walked three batters in six innings. He was pulled after throwing just 94 pitches.
- Omir Santos: may Brian Schneider never return from the disabled list. At least, until Santos turns back into a pumpkin next week.
- At some point Gary Sheffield has to stop getting starts, right? It's only 26 at-bats, but he has been awful at the plate and he pulled a Daniel Murphy (the "oops" flyball, not the ungodly range) in left field tonight.
- Carlos Beltran's batting average dipped below .400. Plus he didn't slide that time last week. He's the worst thing ever.
- Things I never thought I'd say: I sure hope Luis Castillo's injury doesn't keep him out very long.
- Mets pitchers allowed just two hits to the Marlins. Six walks, though.
- David Wright has looked like scat at the plate so far, but his OBP is still .376, so I guess things could be a lot worse.
Big winners: Omir Santos, +21.6% WPA, David Wright, +11.1% WPA
Big losers: Ryan Church, -5.5% WPA, Jose Reyes, -3.8% WPA
Teh aw3s0mest play: Santos grand slam in first, +22.9% WPA
Teh sux0rest play: Cantu RBI single in first, -6.5% WPA
Total pitcher WPA: +11.4% WPA
Total batter WPA: +38.6% WPA
GWRBI!: David Wright
Nice job by DevonEdwards; his effort in the game thread embiggens us all.
|Num||Name||# of Posts|