Much like the New York Times, Amazin' Avenue brings you its Week in Review. Check in here on Sunday mornings for a summary of our posts from the previous week, and read anything that you may have missed.
- A Conversation with R.A. Dickey - Sam hangs out at R.A. Dickey's house in Tennessee over Thanksgiving weekend and conducts a stellar interview.
- Transcript of Sandy Alderson's Conference Call With Bloggers - Sandy Alderson spends 40 minutes on the phone exclusively with bloggers, Eric asks a couple of questions, and James and Alex transcribe the entire conference call.
- Sabermetrics And You: The Big Three, Part 1 - Batting Average - Eric's first post in his series on Sabermetrics is about batting average, its flaws, and other statistics that tell us more about hitters.
An Interview with Mets OF Lucas Duda - It was a week of interviews on Amazin' Avenue as Rob talks to Duda, audio included!
- Amazin' Avenue Offseason Plan Entries - We received dozens of entries for the AAOP contest, and you can read them all here.
- Mets Sign D.J. Carrasco: Hardly Awful Reliever - In Carrasco, Eric sees an above average relief pitcher who was signed to an affordable contract.
- Who Is Ronny Paulino? - I sum up Ronny Paulino's value, which is mainly to mash left handed pitching.
- Amazin' Avenue Book Club: Moneyball, Chapter Five - James continues to lead the community discussion of Moneyball.
- Every Pitch Counts: Mike Pelfrey - Matt takes a look at the types of pitchers Mike Pelfrey throws in different counts.
- Brad Emaus: More On The Mets' Pick In The Rule 5 Draft - Fresh off a trip to the Winter Meetings, Eno takes a look at Brad Emaus' strengths, weaknesses, and potential to stick on the Mets major league roster.
Mets Pick Brad Emaus, Pedro Beato In Rule 5 Draft; Lose Elvin Ramirez - Sam reports on both major league Rule 5 draft picks. We are Rule 5 draft nerds.
- Indians HOF'er Bob Feller Moved to Hospice - Rob commemorates Bob Feller's life and remembers how much of a pleasure it was to meet him.
Let's Go to the Videotape: Grand Slam!, with Bob Feller - Matt digitizes a long forgotten baseball special featuring a young Bob Feller.
- It's Not The Amount Of Money In The Bank, It's How You Spend It - James backs up Sandy Alderson's comments about not necessarily maxing out the payroll every year.
- Let's Go to the Videotape: 1989 Preview - Matt provides video from NBC's 1989 spring training preview.
- Amazin' Avenue And Facebook - Social media!
FanShots of the Week
YouTube Video of the Week
In honor of Yo La Tengo's crazy run at Maxwell's, which I did not attend but sounds like it was awesome.