To wish you a Happy New Year, I've rounded up all of our work over the past week. It was a busy week here at Amazin' Avenue, and if you've missed anything, we've got plenty for you to read as you continue your recovery from New Year's Eve or start counting down the days to spring training after theseason ends.
- The Mets And The Mendoza Line - Eric looks at the six Mets who have finished a season with a batting average under the Mendoza Line.
- Does Sean Ratliff = Brennan Boesch? - Rob takes an in depth look at Mets minor leaguer Sean Ratliff and sees a lot of similarities to Detroit's Brennan Boesch.
- Separate the Wheat from the Chass - Matt takes down Murray Chass for his nonsensical column about the Mets front office.
John Olerud Hall Of Fame Roundup and Hall Of Fame Cases For Mets Second Basemen Roberto Alomar, Carlos Baerga - Eric examines these former Mets' credentials for the Hall.
- You Found Amazin' Avenue By Searching For What?!? - When it comes to finding Amazin' Avenue, the search terms range from the good to the bad to the ugly.
- Mets Acquire Chin-lung Hu From Dodgers For Michael Antonini - The Mets picked up Hu, and Eric provides some scouting information on the shortstop.
- Four Type A Free Agents Remain, Mets Not Interested In Any? - Eric sums up why the Mets still don't seem very likely to get involved with Type A free agents.
- Mets 2010 Final Payroll And What It Means - Eric looks at the actual amount of money the Mets spent by the end of the 2010 season and compares it to other teams and previous Mets payrolls.
- Mets Are Interested In Brian Fuentes, Or So We're Told - Reports came out that the Mets have interest in Fuents, but Eric explains why they probably won't sign the lefty: they already let Pedro Feliciano walk.
- Chris Capuano and the Mets - After hearing that the Brewers and Capuano were parting ways, I make the case for why the Mets should sign him up for their rotation.
- The Brief, Wondrous Baseball Life of Benny Agbayani - Matt looks at all that was Benny Agbayani's career.
- AAA: What Would You Like To See? - We look to the Amazin' Avenue community for suggestions on our upcoming Amazin' Avenue Annual.
Should Daniel Murphy Make The Team? - The title says it all, written by James.
CAIRO Projections Bring The Doom For The 2011 Mets - Eno looks at a projection for the 2011 season, and it's not pretty.
Make Joe Posnanski A One-Man Hall Of Fame Selection Committee - Eric suggests all writers look towards ones like Posnanski for advice on Hall of Fame voting.
Let's Go to the Videotape: 1989 TWIB NL East Preview + Rookie Stars - More great old video content from Matt.
- Amazin' Avenue Says Farewell To 2010 - James rounds up the best of our 2010 content and then compiles the same for FanPosts: Amazin' Avenue Top FanPosts Of 2010.
- Jason Bay And Hitting At Citi Field - Eric celebrates the new year by showing how Jason Bay hit better at home than on the road last year.
YouTube Video of the Week
Here's another video from the Mr. Met commercials that aired in 2005 and shouldn't have ever stopped.