Over at TedQuarters, Ted Berg took R.A. Dickey aside and taught him a bunch of things about the knuckleball. Or maybe it was the other way around.
Some of the topics covered:
- The preparation of knuckleballers compared to regular pitchers
- The importance of release point in determining the height of the pitch
- Working on an extra-slow knuckleball that runs almost 20 MPH slower than his standard, high-70s knuckler
- Not working on any standard pitches this spring
- Why there are so few knuckleballers
- Why he is so awesome