New York Mets Daily Farm System Report - 4/13
*All results from games played on Tuesday, April 12th, 2011
AAA - Buffalo Bisons (3-3)_______________________________________
BUFFALO 8, PAWTUCKET 1 (Box). The Bisons pushed eight across in the first three innings then sat the rest out. It was cold! Gee, for his part, blew on a frigid right hand and baffled Pawtucket, striking out four batters swinging on three changes and a curve and retiring his last seven. Interestingly, 5-of-6 Bison RBI hits were knocked to opposite field, including bombs by Evans and Lutz. Every loyal attendee made it onto the jumbotron. One Bison walked.
- RF Kirk Nieuwenhuis: 1-4, K
- 1B Nick Evans: 2-4, HR, 2 R, RBI; And with that bomb you shall know my name [VIDEO].
- 3B Zach Lutz: 2-4, HR, 2B, 2 R, 2 RBI; The wind was blowing to RF but his oppo-shot soared [VIDEO].
- DH Lucas Duda: 1-4, R
- SS Ruben Tejada:1-4, R
- RHP Dillon Gee: 7 IP, 1 ER, 3 H, 2 BB, 4 K, 99 pitches; Maybe he gets the spot start Sunday?
AA - Binghamton Mets (2-4)_____________________________________
BINGHAMTON 6, ERIE 7 (Box). The B-Mets walked off in shame after committing their fourth error on the game's final play. Three throwing errors. Balls flying everywhere. The last was the pitcher's. The good news is that it was a pretty good offensive night, with seven of the Bingo Nine collecting hits. Two Mets walked.
- SS Jordany Valdespin: 2-4, 2 RBI
- 3B Eric Campbell: 0-5, E (throw); m'm m'm bad.
- 2B Josh Satin: 3-5, R, 2 K; smooth.
- C Kai Gronauer:1-4, R, RBI, K
- RHP Josh Stinson: 6 IP, 4 ER, 8 H, 1 BB, 6 K
Hi-A St. Lucie Mets (5-1)________________________________________
ST. LUCIE 3, FORT MYERS 1 (Box). A little Florida history: Before there was a Fort Myers on the Caloosahatchee River -- keeping out Billy Bowlegs, the Seminole Chief -- there was on the exact same spot a Fort Harvie. After tonight the name may switch back. Harvey was excellent and the wee Mets hit and hit, though eleven were left aboard. Three Mets walked.
- RF Cesar Puello: 2-4, 2B, CS; last year had an 82% SB rate, this year, 67%. Time to panic?
- CF Matt den Dekker: 0-5, K; but his defense was probably awesome.
- 3B Jefry Marte: 2-4, R
- LF Juan Lagares: 2-3, HR, RBI; just 7 HRs last year.
- 2B Rylan Sandoval: 1-4, RBI, K
- C Francisco Pena: 2-4
- RHP Matt Harvey: 6 IP, 0 ER, 3 H, 2 BB, 8 K
- RHP Nick Carr: 0.2 IP, K, Save
Lo-A Savannah Sand Gnats (1-4)__________________________________
SAVANNAH 1, HICKORY 6 (Box). The Sand Gnats were no match for the Crawdads, naturally. The Gnats hit the ball five times and got only Alonzo Harris across, subbed in for Ceciliani who apparently got hurt running through first base. No Good. They were 1-for-8 with RISP and 2-for-3 in bad pitching performances. Who is Chase Huchingson, though? He was signed July 2010 but only pitched eleven innings in Kingsport last year. Anyway, he rocked the last 4+. Four Gnats walked, completing the organizational BB cycle.
- DH Aderlin Rodriguez: 0-3, BB, 2 K
- CF Darrell Ceciliani: 0-1; Left the game early
- LF-CF Cory Vaughn: 0-2, BB
- C Albert Cordero: 0-4, K
- 2B Wilfredo Tovar: 1-4, K
- OF Javier Rodriguez: 0-3, BB, E (throw)
- RHP Gonzalez Germen: 3.2 IP, 5 ER, 7 H, 2 BB, 3 K
- LHP Josh Edgin: 0.0, 1 ER, 1 H, 3 BB
- LHP Chase Huchingson: 4.1 IP, 0 ER, 2 H, 5 K
- INJURY UPDATE - CF Darrell Ceciliani left in the middle of the first after suffering an apparent leg injury running to first base, stay tuned for update.
★ Star of the Night ★
Could have been Gee also, but I'll give it to Harvey.
And I would have written a little something but Jeffrey Paternostro obviated the sh*t out of that need.
By the way, "hi." Jeff is, like me and Steve Schmidt, one of the new guys. We used to be TeufelCat (Jeff), Schmidtxc (Steve), and letsgocyclones (me). I'm sure I speak for all of us when I say: bring on the taunts and suggestions.